1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Need to add some harmonic push - ideas please

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Danhorse, Mar 4, 2013.

1. Danhorse

Danhorse

Jan 30, 2012
    Hi guys,

I have read about players using an OD not to add dirt so much as add a bit more warmth, thickness, sustain, harmonics to the tone - whilst keeping it relatively non dirty.

When i play guitar an MXR DynaComp is great for this booster role but it does not work well with bass.

What do you use for this? A warmer flat OD? or a comp?

2. I would suggest the Catalinbread SFT. Its capable of that "low gain touch of warmth" thing.

I never tried one myself, but they have a video on Youtube where they use it that way.

3. odineye

odineye Supporting Member

Dec 29, 2011
    Bear DE
    Two things I use for this. An Aphex Bass exciter 1402 and a Fulltone Fat-Boost, set with a low drive level. The Aphex can really breath some life into your tone and bring it out of the background for when you want to be noticed. And the Fat-Boost... well it's just got that tube like FET mojo.

4. NeroJazz

NeroJazz

May 2, 2011
    Denmark
    For this specific purpose I use a Wren and Cuff Phat Phuk B. This pedal was designed for adding warmth and overall thickness to your tone. Check it out - it's an awesome pedal!

5. Danhorse

Danhorse

Jan 30, 2012
    Thanks guys, much appreciated - I shall look into those suggestions forthwith.