1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Need to add to my Big Ben

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by sidbyrnes, Apr 4, 2009.

1. I am building my first bass rig from the "pennies" up.. basically trading my guitar stuff off to play a real instrument..

So far I have
    1- SWR Big Ben 18"

1- Golliath Jr II 2x10 (it is traveling with UPS to my house right now!)

0- Amp, lol.

I started with Benjamin because it was a trade for a guitar and the Goliath Jr II was $150 so it seemed like a decent deal. I am borrowing a 200w Berringher head which makes me mad, I can tell that dislike it (grateful to have one to borrow though)

What suggestions for a decent head do you guys have? Do you think the 2x10 will go good with the 18?

Any suggestions greatly appreciated, Thanks!

oh, I have 1 sr3000 for now. I see many more basses in my future if this addiction is what I think it is....

2. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Buy whatever you like, but since you've already got 2 SWR cabs, why not start your search with SWR heads? They're available from cheapish, (WorkingPro), on up to top quality pro gear. That's what I'd do, anyway. And yes, 210's and an 18 is a classic cab set up, run them both full range with a solid 300+ watt head and you'll be rocking.

3. babebambi

babebambi

Jan 7, 2008
    YTZ
    it would be easier for us to suggest something, if you give us a budget for the amp...

Ideally, you would have an amp running 800watt@4ohm to power both of your cab (I am assuming the 210 is 8 ohm)

btw, 210 + 18 is a great speaker combo IMO

4. RedLeg

RedLeg Supporting Member

Jan 24, 2009
    Kaiserslautern, Germany
    Nov Shmoz Ka Pop?
    old skewl SM900
    or
    SWR IOD or SWR Grand Prix with SWR 750 poweramp would be killer

5. Stay SWR - get a used redface Bass 350 .