1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Need to buy a bass but which one?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by thefuzzbucket, Oct 18, 2009.

1. thefuzzbucket

thefuzzbucket

Apr 9, 2008
    I've only been playing for 2 years and I have a BC Rich NJ series bass. I needed a bass to get started so I bought it, the price was right. It's got the heavy metal look and it quite big. I jammed at a buddies on the weekend and used his bass, an Aria hollw body. I liked the feel and the sound. It was small, which is good because I have small hands.

We jam about once a month and gig twice a year.

So the question is I think it's time to buy a bass and I don't know what to look for. I liked the sound of the hollow bofdy but it doesn't have to be a holloow body. The Aria's neck was shorter, which was nice, but it doesn't have to be an Aria.

What brands and features should I be looking for? My budget is $500 and I can go used.

Thanks in advance.

2. SquierBender

SquierBender

Oct 22, 2009
    I would really recomend somthing with 5 strings by Fender. Primarily a Jazz Bass. You could get a squier for at least $210.:bassist:

3. roccobladr

roccobladr

Aug 17, 2009
    I would probably just go for a squier. At least go try out a bunch of different basses. There is alot more than BC Rich and Aria out there. (i forgot those companies made basses!)

go to a music store and play around, but i think a decent squier is a nice next step for you.