1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Need to buy Blazing Saddles, regular or BluRay?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by TheFantod, Feb 28, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Regular - it doesn't matter for a movie of that age

8 vote(s)
    42.1%
  2. BluRay - of course it makes all the difference to see Slim PIckens in HD!

11 vote(s)
    57.9%
  1. TheFantod

TheFantod #5 of the Pentaverate. Took Col. Sanders' spot.

Aug 7, 2009
    Eastern N.C.
    Which version of Blazing Saddles should I get? Amazon has the regular (non BluRay) for $3.99. The BluRay version is nearly $20. What say, TB?

2. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    Blu-ray? We don't need no stinking Blu-ray.

JimK and mrb327 like this.
  3. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Supporting Member

Last copy I watched was on CED so I'd be fine with DVD. I'd probably prefer it really, lots of movies lose their cinematic feel when put into 1080p in my experience.

4. mellowinman

mellowinman Free Man

Oct 19, 2011
    Minneapolis
    Super 8.

FilterFunk likes this.
  5. Bent77

Bent77

Mar 6, 2013
    Colorado
    Walmart version is probably sanitized

GregC and /\/\3phist0 like this.
  6. Depends on your display system. If you got a big screen, 1080P becomes more appreciable.

7. /\/\3phist0

/\/\3phist0 Life: It's sexually transmitted and always fatal Supporting Member

Yeah this scene is missing
    ;)

pcake likes this.
  8. Bent77

Bent77

Mar 6, 2013
    Colorado
    That's what i was thinking. One of the funniest scenes of any movie, ever

9. /\/\3phist0

/\/\3phist0 Life: It's sexually transmitted and always fatal Supporting Member

And probably cut thus scene at about 1:42

10. ptg

ptg

Mar 16, 2008

Ahhh, Walmart...the company with no morals or values selling America tons of cheap crap...dictating to America what their morals and values should be.

11. two fingers

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    Ha! I think the Hitler Rule should be replaced by the Walmart Rule or maybe even the "Corporate America" rule. It only takes a dozen or so posts in many threads for an anti Walmart or an anti capitalism post to pop up.

Put the gun down and go for a walk, will ya? :thumbsup: It's a silly thread about a silly movie. Lighten up there Francis.

/\/\3phist0 and Munjibunga like this.
  12. sparkyfender2

sparkyfender2

Nov 25, 2013
    I was in Wal Mart last night. Nary a peep from them about morals or values. ??? Sounds like someone has an "agenda."

My copy of "Blazing Saddles" came from Wal Mart. Nothing deleted on the version I purchased.

13. ptg

ptg

Mar 16, 2008
    For what it's worth I love the movie! Now, stop! You're making a German spectacle of yourself!

14. two fingers

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    For what it's worth I'm fine with Walmart, and any other corporation that employs millions and saves others millions.

Put that in yer little hippie Greenpeace pipe and smoke it. :wacky:

/\/\3phist0 and Munjibunga like this.
  15. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Supporting Member

Try finding an uncensored album or something with a "parental advisory warning" next time you are shopping at Wal-Mart.

16. ptg

ptg

Mar 16, 2008
    Very proud member of Greenpeace at that!

But, on topic, I was hoping you would carry on with the movie quotes!

Awww, now someone has to go back a get a s*it load of dimes! :)

Mvilmany and GregC like this.
  17. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Supporting Member

I buy most of my DVDs on Ebay. If I can't find one there, I go to Amazon used. I don't care a lot about Blu-Ray; I have the playback capability but don't see much difference.

BTW, I didn't get a harrumph out of that guy.....

Last edited: Feb 29, 2016
  18. Fleebag

Fleebag Quacker!

Sep 7, 2013
    Illinois USA
    If you take care in handling your dvd's you probably don't need blu-ray, the biggest upside is their scratch resistance, much higher than dvd.