1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Need to choose an Amp Head today!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by splitcoilsenior, Mar 11, 2010.

1. splitcoilsenior

splitcoilsenior

Jan 18, 2009
    Well after alot of confusion with a bank, Guitar Center, and some other people, my simon giftcard was credited $300 dollars. I just got my Acoustic B410 (400w, 8ohm) cab a few days ago, so I'm getting pretty restless waiting to hear how it sounds :p.

I need to find a good amp that will be able to make me heard amoungst a loud drummer and a guitarist with two 4x12 Kustom cabs (wattage unknown). We play in Drop C tuning, mainly Hardcore/Metalcore/Stuff with lots of low notes pretty much. MUST BE $300-.

Used it good, but must be on a website where I can order using the credit card. Please don't say "check the stuff here on talkbass" because I have no way of buying it.

Just realized, I don't have enough money for the GK Backline 600 somehow. So the choices I have found are these:
    1. Acoustic B200H http://bass-guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Acoustic-B200H-200w-Bass-Head?sku=482904 Have read good things about this amp, good reviews good price, it is the easy choice. BUT

2. Eden Nemesis ENX260 Head. http://bass-guitars.musiciansfriend...sis-ENX260-260W-Bass-Amp-Head?sku=606139#used
    Can't find much info on the amp (have read that this amp does not get very loud). Normal Pricing was $450, now it's $200 off. Seems like a nice choice, some what of a gamble but a nice choice considering this has 50w more than the Acoustic and is a more respected brand.

I'd like you all to choose between these 2 amps, Option 1 or Option 2, state your reason why.

Have a nice day

2. sleepytime

sleepytime

Nov 10, 2007
    Chicago, IL
    Check out a GK Backline 600.

3. PSPookie

PSPookie Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2006
    Lubbock, TX
    This

4. As for how the Acoustic B410 sounds...I approve! I just got one a week ago, and it sounds great. I play a '68 Fender Bassman and an Eden WT400 through it. Great choice

5. Ozzey

Ozzey

Nov 23, 2008
    Nice! I have it the other way 'round... I got my GK head from metallicafan and now I need a cab... geez, it kills to be out of money! I want to hear this monster of bass goodness :)!

6. You could set up the gift card number in your paypal account and use it that way to buy a good used piece of gear

7. What about a Behringer head?

8. splitcoilsenior

splitcoilsenior

Jan 18, 2009
    I'm not a big fan of Behringer..just the reviews of sound and reliability scare me. Has anybody had any experience with the B200H head (Acoustic)?

9. There are numerous threads on the Acoustic stuff, try a search.

10. splitcoilsenior

splitcoilsenior

Jan 18, 2009
    What's better the GK Backline 600 or Acoustic B200h?

11. I'd go with the Backline 600. There pre-section is on par with there higher end models, and if you need more head-room, use it as a preamp through an external power-amp via the Direct out. Just my opinion.

12. splitcoilsenior

splitcoilsenior

Jan 18, 2009
    At school bump

13. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Nov 27, 2020