Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Need to find a midi file

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by ARA punk, Oct 17, 2003.

1. ARA punk

ARA punk

Jul 11, 2001
    USA, Shelby, NC
    I need to get a midi file for "The Devil is Bad" by the W's. I have no clue where to find this. Any advice?

2. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    good song btw

3. ARA punk

ARA punk

Jul 11, 2001
    USA, Shelby, NC
    Yeah, its an awesome song. The director of our Beta club told me about two days ago that I've got three weeks to get a band together to perform at our district convention. This was after telling us we couldn't about two months ago. So we're kidna stressed right now.

4. ARA punk

ARA punk

Jul 11, 2001
    USA, Shelby, NC
    Yoshi, couldn't find anything on there that worked for me. If i could just find a database of midi files i could search i would be content.

5. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    There's an audio file of it in here. He's got a request box. Maybe you could ask him to send you a midi file of it.

Here's some tab of it.

Here are the lyrics.

Sorry, no midi yet.

Also, here's a general midi search site. Not too huge, though.

http://www.findmidis.com/

6. yoshi

yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    You could try typing the tab up into powertab (ww.poertab.net i think) then exporting taht as a midi..

7. ARA punk

ARA punk

Jul 11, 2001
    USA, Shelby, NC
    Mainly the MIDI would be for the horns. Cause all the string instruments are fine. And it wouldn't be that big of a deal to sit down and figure out the horn parts... but how say a B on one instrument would be a F# on another.... it confuses me and every time I try to understand it my friends who are in band make fun of me. I ask them to explain, they can't do it. So i don't mess w/ horns. I either get the computer to do it for me or someone else has to.

8. ARA punk

ARA punk

Jul 11, 2001
    USA, Shelby, NC
    WooHoo! I got it. Thanks MKS i could kiss ya right now!:D

http://wholeemotion.hypermart.net/stre.html

Now, one last thing. How do i download it to a disc? It just sends me to a page that plays it through my browser. Is there anyway to download it? This'll work, but it would be easier if i could have a hard copy of it.

9. To save, just right click over the file then choose "Save as...." But to see the notation you'll need some kind of notation package that will allow you to import MIDI files. Cakewalk Home Studio will or Cubasis. Finale may have an express version that will allow you to open in MIDI files, though I seem to recall their basic package only allows you to notate stuff by hand from scratch. There are some basic notation packages available for demo at the Harmony-Central software page. Maybe worth checking out.

No need to kiss me... Happy to help.
    :)

Mike

EDIT: Hold on, if it's sending you to a page that plays through your browser you may need to configure your browser not to play MIDI files automatically. Check your options or settings to see if it has an "Automatically integrate multimedia files" type of setting.

10. ARA punk

ARA punk

Jul 11, 2001
    USA, Shelby, NC
    I gave the web addy to a music instructor at our school and he is in the process of printing out the music for everyone. Thanks man i appreciate it. Hopefully we'll be able to get a recording (either visual or audio) of our performance that i hope i can share with you guys.