Need to find replacement Truss Rod bolt for Squire Bass

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by MellowViper, Aug 2, 2009.

  1. MellowViper


    Aug 2, 2009
    My brother in law wants to play his Squire Precission Bass, but it is missing the bolt that is used to adjust the truss rod. I think its a bolt. It looks like whatever is missing should be several inches long. Does anyone know where to direct me to to get a replacement part?
  2. ByF


    May 19, 2009
    Hmm, never heard of a truss rod "bolt" and there's no removable part of a truss rod that's several inches long.

    Could you possibly be talking about a wrench? A wrench is a few inches long, and would be used to adjust the truss rod, so that fits your description. I've never worked on a Squire P-bass, so maybe somebody can weigh in here and say what kind of wrench a Squire truss rod needs.

  3. MellowViper


    Aug 2, 2009
    No, I'm not talking about a tool. I'm talking about something that's missing that's not there. There's supposed to be a hex nut for me to adjust the overly relieved, bowed neck.
  4. Craig_S

    Craig_S Inactive

    Oct 15, 2008
    Metro Detroit
    It's a truss rod NUT.

    You'll need to know the thread pitch, before you can buy one.