Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Need to get better rig for gigging

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by joetheragman, Oct 4, 2004.

1. joetheragman

joetheragman

Oct 4, 2004
    florida
    Hi,

The Behringer 3000 is not so bad, and only weighs 30 lbs but we have been doing some outdoor stuff where it just is not cutting it. Any suggestions. I have been thinking of getting a power amp and a Sansamp RB1 and rack mounting it. Does anyone know anything about the new Kustom Groove Bass 1200? I am open to suggestions but it has to be inexpensive.

Best regards,

2. If money is an issue but weight isn't I would get a power amp for now and connect it to your Berringer amp. That would be the least expensive way to get you louder. You can get a preamp later on.

I like the idea of an RBI, QSC RMX850 for an inexpensive yet versitile rig.

I have heard good things about the BBE BMAX though.

If you have the time and patience you can get a used power amp cheap on the bay. I got my QSC USA900 (450w @ 4ohms X2) for $160 that way.

3. joetheragman

joetheragman

Oct 4, 2004
    florida
    Thanks. I feel like I'm going the right direction.

4. Wanna buy mine? It's real loud :D

5. timibud

timibud

Aug 29, 2004
    Colorado
    If you have the time and patience you can get a used power amp cheap on the bay. I got my QSC USA900 (450w @ 4ohms X2) for $160 that way.

That's what I was doing, when low & behold an old Peavey Max (800watts) fell into my lap. I planned on just using the power amp part & using the pre-amp only for emergencies, but I don't even use my Ampeg anymore!