Need to get the CD's out of the car.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by iplaybass, Dec 25, 2002.

1. iplaybass

iplaybass Guest

Feb 13, 2000
    Germantown, TN
    Alright, I have some major electronics GAS. My worst nightmare, the absolute worst thing that could happen short of serious bodily harm to myself, would be having my CD's stolen out of my car. For that reason, I'm exploring many options that would let my CD's rest safely at home while I tear it up out around town. I was thinking about just copying all my CD's onto CD-R's, but having a CD case full of copies frankly depresses me. I'm also considering buying one of those jukebox MP3 players and ripping all my music onto one(maybe a 20-40gig model). My car has an aux in on the front panel of the head, so compatibility is no problem. Anybody else had this issue? Any other ideas?
  2. Leave something more valuable than your CDs in the car. That way, theieves will steal that and leave your CDs alone.

The alternate solution is to park next to a nicer car.
  3. LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    How many cds are you keeping in your car.

I only keep 10 in at a time, and lock my doors. If a thief is going to break into a car with locked doors they are going to probaly be interested in stealing your cd player more so than your cds. Take the face plate off your player in high crime areas. The player's worthless without it.

Me, personally, I have a cheap Road Gear cd player, so I really don't take anyone is going to take the risk of breaking into my car to get it. :D
  4. I left my accordion in the car once...

About an hour later, I realised that I'd left the car unlocked, so I rushed back to where I parked it... but I was too late...

Someone had left two more accordions on the back-seat...

- Wil
  5. best solution in my opinion is to just copy all your CDS, OR take all your favourite of one type of music and put it on one cd.. y'know? then whe you fancy something els,e make a new cd :)

6. Yeah man, I hate it when people leave their accordions in my car, too. Oh wait, I don't even have a car.
  7. iplaybass

iplaybass Guest

Feb 13, 2000
    Germantown, TN
    I already take my face off in bad parts of town (i.e. the Best Buy parking lot), but I keep my entire CD collection in the car. This is the main reason for my paranoia.
  8. neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    i think what you were talking about in yoru first post is a great alternative to a cd makes some pretty awesome mp3 players. they have a programmable operating system, the whole player can be removed from your car, and you download straight onto its hard drive from your pooter. i'm not sure what availability is on these now, but i got mine off of ebay about 6 or 7 months ago--great deal, too.
  9. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Start bulking up on Manilow?
  10. iplaybass

iplaybass Guest

Feb 13, 2000
    Germantown, TN
  11. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    My CD binder looks just like my school binders, so that really isn't a problem. When I don't feel like lugging that huge thing out to the car, though, I'll just grab my .mp3 player and use one of those tape adapters from a Discman. I always keep that adapter in the car for just such a reason. But then again, I've had an SWR head and 2x10 on my back seat for the past two or three months, and nothing's been bothered. I think that's because of the whole parking next to a nicer car thing. ALOT of vehicles look nicer when my ghetto-ass ride is along side them!