1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Need to rent a bass in France in April

Discussion in 'Basses [DB]' started by Bassism, Mar 24, 2009.

1. Hey everyone,
    I'll be flying to France at the end of April to play a few shows.
    I will arrive in Paris on the 22nd, play in Bourges on the 24th, spend a few days in Lyon, then play in Toulouse on the 29th, and Bordeaux on the 30th, then I'll be back in Paris on the 1st to fly back home.

Any solution to get my bass to France seems like it would outstrip the value of my bass, so taking it isn't much of an option. So I would like to rent a bass while I am in France. Does anybody know of any luthiers who would be willing to rent me a bass? Paris might be ideal, since my trip will begin and end there, but somewhere else could be an option. My band mate could possibly pick it up and drop it off for me.

Also, since I will be travelling around France by train, I am curious about anyone's experiences doing the same with a bass. Will I have any troubles trying to cart a bass around on a train?

Thanks to any help or advice you can give

2. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Supporting Member