1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Need to sell 2010 Lakland Inca Silver Skyline JOBO/44-60, nicest one ever....$800

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by g4string, Aug 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. g4string

g4string Supporting Member

Sep 19, 2002
    Melissa, TX
    This is, hands down, one of the nicest Skylines you will ever find on TB.....with out a doubt!! It is a 2010 Indo JOBO with a limited run Inca Silver paint job. The bass has received quite a few tender loving mods that really make it stand out of the crowd, IMHO. Here is a list of what's been done.

1) All of the hardware has been 'Black Ice Coated'. This is one of the many finish techniques/processes used in gun-smithing. To learn more about it visit http://www.blackicecoatings.com/. Basically, the finish on the hardware will not rust, wear, etc, etc. The only pieces of hardware that did not receive this coating were the bridge springs and tuning keys. Everything else was coated....even those pesky little set-screws for the saddle pieces that always rust.

2) Tuning keys replaced with black Hipshot Ultralites.

3) Two additional pick guards custom made by Jeannies....one clear guard and one black-pearl. The white guard is stock. All guards routed for Big Singles.

4) New pots installed (w/ Sprauqe Orange Drop .47 cap). Pots are Noble's....purchased from BBG. Bass is wired VOL-BLEND-TONE. Install and wiring of pots done by Carl Pedigo.

5) Big Single install. Route and install done by Carl Pedigo.

6) Glossy neck finished removed and oil finished (like USA Laklands) by Carl Pedigo.

7) Set-up, checked over, and given a clean bill of health by Carl Pedigo.

8) Bone nut installed

The only blemishes on the bass are two tiny little chips of paint underneath the pick-guard around two screw holes. They are pictured below. Again, barley visible with the clear guard on. Unnoticeable with either of the two other guards on.

The bass ships with a Road Runner poly semi-hard case. Currently strung with Lakland JOBO flats.

Asking $800 plus actual shipping. I have a great deal of cash sunk into this bass, so no low balls please.

DSCN6720.
    DSCN6728.
    DSCN6731.
    DSCN6727.
    DSCN6726.
    DSCN6725.
    DSCN6723.
    DSCN6724.

2. g4string

Sep 19, 2002
    Melissa, TX
    Reworked the title of the tread....forgot to put "Lakland", "Jobo", and "44-60" in the tittle (for a keyword search). Thus the reason for the new thread.....same great bass, new thread tittle.

3. g4string

Sep 19, 2002
    Melissa, TX
    Just strung this guy with a fresh set of GHS nickel round-wound Boomers.....MAN O' MAN this bass sings. The Lakland brand JOBO flats I just took off this bass had less than 1 hour of play time....I will include those with the bass when it sells. Thats a free $30 set of strings when you buy this bass.

4. Molan

Molan

Dec 13, 2003
    Oxfordshire, UK
    I love this with the black pearl guard :)

5. g4string

Sep 19, 2002
    Melissa, TX
    Will ship across the pond

6. emblymouse

emblymouse Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2006
    W'Sconsin
    Lakland Artist Endorser
    I've never seen a cooler Skyline. But man, that needs a mint guard:bag:

7. g4string

Sep 19, 2002
    Melissa, TX
    Maybe so. Kinda partial to the clear and black pearl. But yes, I think mint would be cool too.

8. pedroims

pedroims

Dec 19, 2007
    Michigan
    Any interest in trades?

9. g4string

Sep 19, 2002
    Melissa, TX
    At this point, I am afraid no trades....straight cash sale only please.

10. swpyne

swpyne Basses R Loaded! Gold Supporting Member

Jul 26, 2005
    Centennial, Colorado
    I believe that may be my old JO with a new suit of clothes, very cool!

It was a really nice bass before the mods, I can only imaging what it's like now.....

11. funkyjudge

funkyjudge Supporting Member

Aug 8, 2010
    Langhorne, PA, USA
    I also love that combination .... and I GUARANTEE that this bass kills with the modifications that have been done to it (especially with those Nordstrand Big Singles that are installed)!!!

12. Mrfstop

Mrfstop

Jan 26, 2006
    New York
    Very good price for what has been done.
    And Carl P is the man to do it!
    Wish I was not downsizing my basses I would buy this in a NY minute!
    GLWTS

13. satellite4

satellite4

May 23, 2011
    SF Bay Area
    I too need to downsize, or this one would be mine....dagnabit...

Really nice choices on the upgrades...love the black ice on the hardware.

14. pablomigraine

pablomigraine Commercial User

Feb 9, 2005
    New York
    VP & Managing Director - Willcox Basses
    ERMAHGERD....

What a beautiful bass!! Free bump!! Considering doing the Nordy install on my DJ5 but nervous about the routing and results... maybe PM me if you feel like chatting about it!

15. TimBosby

TimBosby Gold Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    Dumb question, but are the dot inlays birdseye maple? They look like it. But I thought only USA Laklands had birdseye maple inlays.

Another bump for a cool bass.

16. theobass416

theobass416

Jul 3, 2011
    Great looking bass. I'm interested in buying and I just sent you a pm

17. Mrfstop

Mrfstop

Jan 26, 2006
    New York
    ughhhhhhhhh if this keeps hanging around I might have to....
    ughhhhhhhhhh :D ( slapping self in face )
    Would love to try out the Nordstrand Big Singles!!
    And the fact that all work was done by Carl P makes it.

18. g4string

Sep 19, 2002
    Melissa, TX
    Your old JOBO indeed. I will tell you with 100% authority, the bass f'n sings with the mods that have been done

I will back that with my guarantee too. The bass absolutely kills. I'm telling ya', you'd be hard pressed to find another one that looks/sounds/plays this good at this price point. It wont happen!!

Dots are plastic or clay.....don't know which though. Def not BEM like they put on their USA basses.

19. g4string

Sep 19, 2002
    Melissa, TX
    Folks, this bass would not be on the chopping block had it not been for this bass http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f126/bass-jade-bass-alby-balgochian-w-lane-poors-902471/. A-Basses dont come up for sale that often.....plus I have been wanting one for quite awhile. I figured this would be my only chance at getting one for sometime, so I decided to jump on it. The fact that the A-Bass has Lane Poor's made it that more convincing for me to pull the trigger. Had it not been for the A-Bass, this Lakland would NOT be for sale. The mods I have came out too good. NTM, I prob have an additional $600-$700 wrapped up in the cost of the mods. I am telling you, this Lakland is supper nice!!! Whoever buys this is getting a GREAT deal, NTM a GREAT bass!!!! The A-Bass is kinda a "dream bass" for me.....so selling Lakland is an evil necessity. I need the funds to help pay for the A-Bass. I have a strict one in-one out policy. I wont be heart broken if the Lakland doesn't sell, as it really is a nice bass and the mods came out perfect!! However, money is tight and I can use the cash. Plus, when the A-Bass gets here; I think the Lakland will be surfing the closet.

20. g4string

Sep 19, 2002
    Melissa, TX
    Looks like the bass is spoken for.....gonna keep the thread open until payment is sent. 99% certain the bass is sold. Will close thread once I receive payment. Somebody just got a smokin' deal!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.