Need to spend money on new amp!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by rhcp17, Oct 13, 2002.

1. rhcp17

Oct 1, 2001
    pennsylvania usa
    im sorry to everyone. I know you guys have read this type of post thousands of times, i have too, i searched all the old post and still couldnt find anything that seemed usefull. So sorry for hearing this for the millionth time but i have about 800 bucks to spend, and want a head and a cabinet. I was going to get a GK 400 rb 155 combo, but then decided not to get a combo because i couldnt really updrade it and i dont have enough money to spend that much and then not play it for very long. So basically im starting to play in a band and all i have is my 30 watt hartke, obviously not enough. But my guitarist has a 250 watt amp. I was looking at getting a Hartke 410 TP cabinet, and hartke 3500 bass head. So what should i do? Will that be enough? Any other suggestions? i already checked the faq on bass amps. Oh yeah and im trying not to get anything used,(ive had some bad experiences with used stuff) so any help would be great, thank you all very much
  2. The GK is a really great combo - guys who get it love it. You actually can upgrade it by adding an extension cabinet - it'll increase the power of the power amp and give you alot more sound.

The TP line of speakers are not as good as the XL line and can be disappointing.

Good Luck,

3. ndjx

Oct 26, 2001
    I'd get the Hartke HA3500 and 210XL. I'm pretty sure it would do just fine and later you could add another 2x10 or a 1x15.
  4. ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    your guitarist has a 250 watt amp?? he will never ever need that many watts... that is way to excessive.. If he actually turns that sucker up.. you will neeed at least 500-800 watts...
    tell him to get rid of that thing
  5. Captain Awesome

Captain Awesome

Apr 2, 2001
    Get a Hartke 3500 for the head, and for the cab you could get an Avatar 4x10 for about $290 including the shipping.