Need to swap Japanese rosewood Mustang neck for maple/roasted

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by Donger, Mar 21, 2021.

1. Donger

Donger

Apr 28, 2020
    Hi guys,

I have a Japanese Mustang neck with Rosewood fingerboard. Needs to be swapped for a maple neck. Sadly missed the opp. to do this with someone who bought a Sunburst and wanted exactly what I had. The neck plays straight and is awesome. No damage and is from maybe the 90s? Can verify for serious inquiries. Wanting to trade straight across.

Can be from newer bass. Can easily supply photos. Here are a couple of photos to show how it looks now and how I want it to look after the trade. Planning to relic it myself as needed.

Attached Files:

2. Rabidhamster

Rabidhamster

Jan 15, 2014
    This is the luthier part of the forum, it seems like you aren’t asking for help doing the swap yourself but trying to do a trade, so you want to post in the classified section instead.

RichterScale likes this.
  3. We’ll happily advise you on building the neck you want... :D

Rabidhamster and RichterScale like this.
  4. Donger

Donger

Apr 28, 2020
    Hey I was thinking, guys actually building guitars would more likely have extra parts laying around.

Beej likes this.
  5. Donger

Donger

Apr 28, 2020
    Matt, I used to live in Salt Lake. You build custom necks?? I'm in Nice, France so it's funny to see someone in Ogden, UT reply.

6. Beej

Beej

Feb 10, 2007
    Vancouver Island
    The issue is though, those of use who build guitars don't usually assemble other builder's guitar parts . :D

You'll likely have more luck in the Classifieds - I'd also suggest putting your location in your profile. The majority of TBers are in the USA, so that's where most responses will come from. :)

7. I don’t know if “build” is accurate... :smug: I can usually cut it to fit and paint it to match. :roflmao:

Yeah, Utah is still here. I venture a guess that Nice is more amusing though, especially this time of year!

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Sep 28, 2021