Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

need to vent

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Freaky Fender, Feb 22, 2003.

1. ok, so this vacation hasn't been perfect. first alot of my plans are cancelled, and that pisses me off, but the straw that broke the camels back is that i bought GTA III used today, and the guy gets me a disc, well, he tries to find one that doesn't have any scratchs on it. Well, i try it out, and guess what, IT'S DEFECTIVE i've been waiting to buy this game for a while, and i have to go down to the mall again to get another disc, that will hopefully work

2. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    you can always amuse yourself by exploring a few of the links that brendan gave you, per your request.

;)

3. odie

odie Supporting Member

Huh??:confused:

4. slick519

slick519

Aug 11, 2001
    Salem, Or
    well... everything that you do in video games is always more fun when you do it yourself!!!! Dont bother with GTA III on a screen. Get a gun, steal some cars, and get some hookers!!! Because isnt that what life is all about?

have fun!!!
    slicks

5. slick519

slick519

Aug 11, 2001
    Salem, Or

hmmm.... my first semester of espanol this year... lets see if i can figure out what it says.....

we have more influence with your brothers and sisters than you have, but the ¿¿quermos?? dunno what that word means......

slicks

6. Dumfish

Dumfish

Oct 6, 2001
    Santa Rosa, Ca
    That's children, not brothers and sisters.

And if I'm not mistaken the "los" is a direct object pronoun for they, which would make "queremos" the "we" form of querer.

I should know this for sure though. Not a bad translation for one semester of spanish, not bad at all.

7. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    hey, I also got a bad used GTA 3 disc back in november...

i just gave it a nice polishing with a friends "SkipDr" and it was like new... so far no problems :cool:

8. Dave, i've wanted one of those SkipDrs, but i never can remember to buy it

9. my vacation has sucked as well. you are not alone. i also have a science fair project due tomorrow (should've started earlier than this week, i suppose) and a whole buttload of research that i haven't even thought of yet. and all my friends hate me and blow me off. and my brother's home from college (got kicked out) so i have to deal with him, too. grrr...

10. our vacation isnt till towards the end of march :(

11. I got a new GTA III disc and a CD Dr. so with that gone through the process, runs perfectly!

12. slick519

slick519

Aug 11, 2001
    Salem, Or
    ok... I just pulled out my trusty dusty spanish enlish dictionary.....

queremos..... the nosotros form of the word querer...
    to want...

with that said, lets try this again..

we have more influence with your children than we want

hmmmm. that makes sense.... kinda makes me wanna groooooove on it.

slicks

13. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    actually this has some errors...

I kinda get the message but it should be like:

"Nosotros tenemos más influencia sobre tus hijos, pero los queremos" (we have more influence over your children, but we love them)

still it doesn't mean that much, unless it's some song lyric

maybe bassbrobrad should explain

ps: yes im an authority on the Spanish language

14. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    whoa, have fun!

(im on the last missions... damn those are hard!)

15. i'm on the 5th one right now..

16. You're on vacation..... why/how?!?!

:rolleyes:

17. moley

moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK
    It's a great game!

Some of the later missions are damn hard though. There's one a bit further down the where you have to kill a man who's head-to-toe in plaster, and in an ambulance... I remember that one taking ages.

18. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    hahaha that was one of Ray's mission to eliminate some witness

that was a fun one...

im actually on the third city, taking missions were you travel some long distances to be wasted in seconds by well armed gangsters :(

19. moley

moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK
    Have you done the one where you have to go down to the docks and shoot down the plane? As I recall, that one was a nightmare! :)

20. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    shoot down??

if we are talking about the same one, you should go take the police boat and follow the plane while it is dropping some packages... it's kinda difficult but not impossible. no shoot down

ps: or do you mean the "Grand Theft Aero" mission where you have to go to the airport and recover the package from the Colombians?