Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Dean_CustomJazz, Jan 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dean_CustomJazz

Dean_CustomJazz Guest

Jan 23, 2002
    Heres the deal. i need a distortion exactly like fleas distortion in around the world. Im not sure what the hell it is, is it tone distortion or compression or metal or...... help! need suggestions
  2. well ill help you out...
    flea uses a Boss ODB-3 bass overdrive which i dont recommend. I dont know how flea gets such a usably sound out of it. now you hide because you are about to get barmbared with angry posts by talkbassers that are completely sick and tired of people comming on here without searching or reading recent posts... you better run :p :rolleyes:
  3. RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    What's distortion??????????????????????????:mad:
  4. EString

Nov 20, 2000
    Los Altos, CA
    OMG, this thread is so dumb.
  5. frankencow150

frankencow150 Guest

Oct 17, 2001
    No,this thread is not dumb.It's a good question.Well he's right he uses an overdrive,and i've played the intro to around the world through it and i thought it sounded good.

And ram,if youre not joking,well distortion is an effect that makes it sound very fuzzy,just about every electric guitarist in all kinds of rock use distortion.if you wanna hear distortion on bass then listen to the intro of "around the world" by red hot chili peppers.
  6. Questions answered, thread closed. PM me if you disagree, but this thread is very dry and has allot of sparks flying around it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.