Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Need Velve Tune BII Bass Machine Head

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by denhamlee, Aug 13, 2005.

1. I have an Ibanez Musician Series Fretless bass. My son broke off one of the Machine Heads. It is a Velve BII. Anyone know where I could get one. It appears they are difficult to find. Help. dennis

2. SherpaKahn

SherpaKahn

Dec 1, 2005
    Bronx, NYC
    I sell churros
    Yeah, they do seem difficult to find, indeed. I'm in a similar boat as you; I just broke one of the treble-side Velve BII tuners on my (borrowed, to boot!) MC 888 musician bass, just this morning. Having read about these tuners ahead of time, I wasn't too happy about breaking it, as I now have a rather un-fun chore ahead of me. Best of luck with your search for a tuner, and if I find any source of these things, I'll let you know.
    -Stephen

3. mgoliber

mgoliber

Mar 29, 2008
    I just replaced all the tuners on my '82 Musician MC924 with Hipshot HB6Y-1/2" Ultralight tuners and they are an excellent fit. I got them at www.planetbass.com and their service was also excellent. Hope this helps those in the same boat...

Here are a couple of pix;

Attached Files: