1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Need wiring advice on PJ bass

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by magic2119, Jan 4, 2012.

1. magic2119

magic2119

Dec 14, 2009
    Burlington, IA
    I'm wanting to do volume, blend, tone with a series/parallel switch on a passive PJ bass.

I can find VBT diagrams and I can find VVT series/parallel diagrams, but i'm having a hard time finding VBT with Series/parallel.

Also, what kind of pots would I get? 250's or 500's?

Thanks!

2. 3515446023_5116d5684f_o.
    Swap the first and second terminals of the volume pot.

3. magic2119

magic2119

Dec 14, 2009
    Burlington, IA
    Thanks a ton line6man. could you tell me what pieces you have there? I assume the 1st pot is a 250 volume, the 2nd is a 250 push/pull blend? and the 3rd is a 250 tone? Also at the end you put swap the first and second terminals of the volume pot. Is that what i NEED to do, or what you did when you made the diagram? Whats that 9 slot block at the top.

Sorry for the questions, i'm just looking for clarification.

4. The 9-terminal component at the top is a 3PDT mini toggle switch. It is oriented so that the top row of terminals are throws, the middle row are commons, and the bottom row are throws.

Below that is a volume pot. Use whatever value you prefer.
    It works better if you swap the first and second terminals from what is shown, so that the pot varies it's resistance against the output.

Below that is a blend. Again, whatever value you prefer.

Below that is the tone pot.

5. magic2119

magic2119

Dec 14, 2009
    Burlington, IA
    Fantastic! I'll get the parts ordered here today. Thanks for your help!

6. magic2119

magic2119

Dec 14, 2009
    Burlington, IA
    What do you recommend for a capacitor on this build?