Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Need your advice on a frettless

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Tiago, Jul 22, 2005.

1. Tiago

Tiago

Jul 22, 2005
    Hi, first timer here!
    I want to by a frettless, but i don´t know how to choose, so i need some help.
    I´m thinking on a 5 string, instead of a regular 4, but only because i want the upper C, not the low B. Is it worth it, or should i get a 4 string?
    Could you give me some examples, basses to by, not to expensive?

Thanks for the help.

Tiago.

2. AffinityBass

AffinityBass

Jun 28, 2005
    Marlboro, NJ
    Whatever you get, make sure you get something with a good bridge. Proper intonation is of the utmost importance when playing fretless.

Anyway, you can get anything in fretless, really. Pick any bass you want, then have it defretted, be it by a luthier, or doing it yourself. If you look at it that way, it really expands your options when looking to purchase.

3. It's at BassNorthWest(bassnw.com)under 'used basses'. It's a sweet bass, but I've found I prefer 34" scale(the 'bop is 35"), wider spacing & at least 6 strings. I actually had it strung up EADGC for awhile. It worked fine like that, but I use my low B a lot, so it's BEADG now.