Need your advice on two basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Coward Of Reali, Mar 7, 2005.

1. Coward Of Reali

Coward Of Reali

Oct 13, 2003
    I cant decide between an Epi Thunderbird or one of those new Ibanez Artcore basses. There both about the same price too. What would you all recommend I buy?
  2. Talk about apples and oranges!
    It depends. The standard question to ask at this point is what type of music do you play? I think they're both kind of cool but I wouldn't want either as my main bass.
  3. Coward Of Reali

Coward Of Reali

Oct 13, 2003
    Well I play some Pearl Jam, Smashing Pumpkins, mostly rock. But also classic rock and I've been wanting to expand to some jazz and play some Phil Lesh like stuff
  4. Sound like you need something versitile in the $400 to $500. Cheesewiz is probably right with the jazz, I just bought a mim yesterday for under $400, I love it!!! Couple of pix of it here
    2nd time I posted that link today braggin ;)
  5. Coward Of Reali

Coward Of Reali

Oct 13, 2003
    NAh I really dont want a jazz. Or any Fender for that matter. I already have a p-bass. Everyone plays a Fender. Does anyone have experience with the artcore bass or for that matter the Epi thunderbird?
  6. cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    I've played both. That is why I said Fender J
  7. Coward Of Reali

Coward Of Reali

Oct 13, 2003
    Everyone recommends jazz basses or p-basses. I want to brake the mold, you know what I'm saying?
  8. Tedintheshed

Tedintheshed Banned

Oct 8, 2004
    Columbus, Ohio

Get yourself a used MTD Kingston or a Grendal or the like. You see them for that price range. You can also get a Conklin Groove Tools around there too.

Here, knock yourself out!

9. I know what you're saying but the 2 basses you mentioned earlier are cool but somewhat limited.
    If you do the E-Bay thing Tedintheshed gave you a great link.
    About the middle of the page there's a nice G&L Tribute L-2000 with a buy it now price of $499. Those are about as versitlie as you can get, look nice, and are priced right.
  10. Coward Of Reali

Coward Of Reali

Oct 13, 2003
    You know, everyone says 'You cant play this style of music with that kind of bass' but you know who says? Musics about freedom of expression. If we all played the same kind of instrument we'd all sound the same. I'm going to get a t-bird and I'm going to play a whole lot of jazz with it. So if you ever hear a really angry walking bass line coming from the local jazz joint check it out, I might see ya there.
  11. Lorenzini

Dec 31, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Dude, don't bite the hand that feeds ya.. :scowl:
  12. Don't be offended man, people have just had some pretty good results with the instruments they mentioned, tonally and emotionally (you become emotionally attached to your J so quickly).