Need your opinion on Eden pre amp and amp

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by vegaas, May 3, 2004.

1. vegaas

Nov 6, 2001
    Hey guys,
    I am trading my Mesa/Boogie Basis M-2000 amp. I have found a Eden Navigator Pre Amp and Eden WT1000 amp for sale. They are used, and I can get the entire package for $1000.
    I play in a metal band and a pop rock band. So I need something with some versatility to it.
    My cabs are Ampeg classic series. I have 2X10 top and a 1X15 bottom.
    If I dont go with the Eden amps I am then going to go with SWR.
    So tell me what you think. I have no experience with Eden, and any info at all will be helpfull.
  2. Happy MurphDay

Happy MurphDay

Mar 9, 2004
    Hows it going, i have the system your looking at getting(eden pre/amp) and i play them through a genz xb2 410, the system sounds huge and full, i dont know if its the onboard demeter, or the cab(im sure they help), but i love my setup. you can get alot of sound out of eden, and at 1000$, its a fantastic deal!. you can usually find the eden wt800 for around $900, and the set up i have has more power, and features.
    the thing i love is that if i got bored or didnt like the sound, i could always swap out the preamp, but its tubey warm sounds and almost endless possibilities of tone adjusting...well its hard to get a bad sound out of it,
    the power amp is also great piece, it has 1000 watts of pure eden tone, the reason why i say tone is, because you can boost/cut your bass/treble for each channel
    the amp is also stable at 2 ohms,(i think most amps are)
    although i havn't played mesa, i know the eden is great.
  3. Is there a reason for the change or is it "just time?"

Or has GAS gotten the better of you?

FWIW the Eden stuff sounds good. I've had reliability problems with my SWR amps. Although I haven't used them in a practical application, I really like the Mesa M-Pulse 600 and like the idea of the Big Block.