1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Need your opinion on this....

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Coward Of Reali, Mar 11, 2008.

1. Coward Of Reali

Coward Of Reali

Oct 13, 2003
    I got some d'darddio pro steels being specially ordered for me down at the local music shop, the question is I dont know whether to put them on my MIM P-bass with Quarter Pounders and a badass bridge or my new Squire fretless Jazz bass. I use them both the same amount right now. I'm learning some reggae on the p-bass and trying to get sort of a John Kahn sort of bass sound, kind of an RNB sound but something that I can also rock out to.
    I'm just trying to learn the fretless right now and still searching for the right type of string for it, I guess I'm shooting for a Fernando Saunders/David J. tone.
    What bass would you advise the pro steels for?

2. Roundwounds (especially stainless steel) and fretless don't always play nice together. Put them on your P.

3. Coward Of Reali

Coward Of Reali

Oct 13, 2003
    Yeah but the fretboard has ebanol on it and I can also get that mwah sound I cant get with my current nickels. What a dilemma

4. Ampeg SVT

Ampeg SVT Son, I am disappoint.

P-bass+Prosteels=zingy rock

5. Coward Of Reali

Coward Of Reali

Oct 13, 2003
    Well than I think I'll try them on the fretless and get some flatwounds for the p-bass.