1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Need Zoom B2.1U play along help...

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by greengoblin, Mar 1, 2008.

1. I have the B2.1u and last week I had it working the way I wanted. Zoom plugged into the computer via USB. Added some music audio tracks. Set it up so the input was my USB and the output was my audio card. Then hooked headphones in my laptop and had play laong which is why I bought this pedal.

Well no I have been working with it for the past 2 hours and cant get it to work like that again. Before I didn't have to have the monitor "button" on to here my bass. I believe only the record button. I heard the bass through my headphones. Today I cant hear my basss through the headphones unless I have the montior button on. And then there is a horrible delay.

Anyone??? I think I tried every imaginable setting on the Cubase software and in my Audio settings in control panel. I am about to take this back and get a POD XT.....

I dont need the effects, just want to be able to hear myself play along with songs through headphones so I dont disturb the neighbors.

2. This is simple - DON'T connect your headphones to your laptop! Connect them to the Zoom's output! That's how it's supposed to be done. The Zoom then becomes your laptop's audio input and output all in one. Your bass is heard through the phones directly via the zoom. The audio from your PC is piped to the Zoom via the USB cable.

Any recording software you use must have the bass input channel configured with monitoring OFF. You hear your bass directly via the zoom. The system must then be configured to use the zoom USB device as it's audio recording and playback device. (See "control panel" "sounds and audio devices".)

3. Thanks man! I swear I was having a brain fart yesterday and thought i got rid of my posts on this. I got it working this morning and not sure why I thought I was using my headphone jack on my computer.

Only took me about 2 mins this morning and it hit me.. :bag: :pSet up my sound card and hooked up my 'phones to the Zoom and all was good to go.. DOH!

4. No sweat, I do stuff like that all the time!

5. Deedeevicious

Deedeevicious

Aug 8, 2012
  6. Swift713

Swift713

Dec 4, 2006
    Florence, Ma
    I don't think so. I think you want a straight USB from the USB port on the the Zoom to the USB on your computer.