1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Needed:case for an Epi Rivoli II bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Mon Rominee, May 13, 2006.

1. Just as the title suggests, I simply cannot find a suitable case for this bass...I bought it off the 'bay a year+ back, and have off-and-on looked for a case for it, be it online or thru local reailers....any hardshell case for hollowbody basses (say like an Ibanez Artcore or whatever, even the Epi Jack Casaday) that I have found will fit the body fine, but the Rivoli is short scale, and therefore the neck is shorter, and the elephant ear tuners do not clear the case walls, as a result of where the headstock ends in the case.

I need an actual short scale hollowbody bass case. And I don't need it to be more $bucks$ than I paid for the bass, ya know?

Does ANYONE know where I may find one? I'd love to gig this thing, bu hate luggin it around in a gig bag (fragility issue, prolly non-existent except in my noggin, but I'd prefer a hardshell)

Please help a brother out.

Ron

2. No one? Wow. I'm surprised. And only 8 views to boot!

KNEW I shoulda called the thread SadowskyEssex Megathread.

hucking fopeless. :smug:

3. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    I had excellent luck using a Taylor Dreadnaught case for my Ovation Typhoon (shortscale hollowbody).

4. aquateen

aquateen

Apr 14, 2005
    maryland
    I have a '95 rivoli (Korean made) that I bought a Jack Casady case for. there are a few extra inches of case beyond the headstock but the tuners do fit. I also had to put a piece of 1" high density foam under the body to get it to lay flat (the neck support is a bit high for the rivoli). sorry to hear you're having so much trouble with it.

5. Glad to see the board has a sense of humor, I was expecting to be flamed for that last comment....:smug:

Thanks to you two for your suggestions...odd that mine did not fit in a casaday case (it may not have been an actual casaday case tho.... :meh: it DEFINITELY did not fit in an Artcore case) I will also look into the Taylor branded case...interesting...

Thnx a bunch, I never thought of guitar cases (always assumed they would be TOO short.

6. Eilif

Eilif Supporting Member

Oct 1, 2001
    Chicago
    I used to work at GC, and I've seen a number of short scale hollowbodies in acoustic cases. I recomend putting some kind of foam, or a blanket under the instrument so it doesn't shift around, but the protection seems good.

7. Nedmundo

Nedmundo Supporting Member

Jan 7, 2005
    Philadelphia
    You might try a Guild Starfire case. I bought one for my DiPinto Belvedere, and it's great, except that I have to remove the pickup selector switch tip for a perfect fit. It's a gorgeous case too.

8. aquateen

aquateen

Apr 14, 2005
    maryland
    I never thought of guitar cases (always assumed they would be TOO short

a guitar case will *probably* be too small. when I have my rivoli on a stand next to a 34" scale fender, they're just about the same height. if you'd like, I can send you some pics of my rivoli in the casady case.

9. lpdeluxe

lpdeluxe Still rockin'

Nov 22, 2004
    Deep E Texas
  10. all fantastic news. And I would love to see a pic, and for s&g's, I will search out a real deal Casaday case, as well as check the last link.

Thnx again so very much.

11. aquateen

aquateen

Apr 14, 2005
    maryland
    here's some pics of my rivoli in the jc case. while it's a pretty good fit, it's not exact. there's a little wiggle room around the bouts and the bottom but not enough to be concerned with (for me, anyway). the headstock looks like it might be wedged in, but it's just barely touching the fuzzy lining. the tuners do not make contact with the sides of the case. hope this is of some help to you. btw, I bought it from either mf or music123 for around $100 including shipping.

fullcase.

bodycase.

headstockcase.