1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

NEEDED Clips of T.C. and Lexicon

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by full_bleed, Apr 16, 2006.

1. full_bleed

full_bleed

May 27, 2005
    Arizona
    I've been playing a lot of guitar lately and I would like to expand on my quality of effects. I currently have a podxt pro for guitar. I also want what ever processor I get to sound good with my bass though. I've pretty much narrowed it down to either the T.C. Electronics G-Force or Lexicon MPX-G2. I heard a million and a half sound clips of a guitar run through both of these units but I have yet to hear a bass. Does anyone here have some clips that they wouldn't mind posting. From wild to mild I'd like to hear what you're doing with your unit. Ehh... :bag: that didn't come out right.

2. full_bleed

full_bleed

May 27, 2005
    Arizona
    it's cause I used the g word huh? Sorry guys

3. Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep Banned

Feb 5, 2006
    West Coast of Canada
    Most likely not. I've found a lot of people on here are nice, even when talking about guitar. The one problem is recoring setups. I have one, but some people don't. It's just a matter of waiting and maybe bumping the thread every so often.

4. there is a guy over in the for sale section who has the mpxG2 for sale, maybe he can help you out for that.
    i think there is a guy here who has the g-force but i don't want to say for sure...i should be getting one of the lesser models lexicon (mpx200) and i would assume the effects are essentially the same, i can do some recording if you'd like when i get it...

5. full_bleed

full_bleed

May 27, 2005
    Arizona
    That would be awesome Mr. Superbassman2000. Thanks for the g2 tip as well

6. no prob...i got it today, and i am bumping this so i remember to do the clips tonight :)

7. full_bleed

full_bleed

May 27, 2005
    Arizona
    thanks man I really appreciate it!

8. full_bleed

full_bleed

May 27, 2005
    Arizona
    bigidi-bigidi-bump

9. full_bleed

full_bleed

May 27, 2005
    Arizona
    thanks man.

I thinking I'm leaning towards the T.C. now. The effects sound good but it seems like they take some of the low end out of it even on flange which normally adds a sort boomy sound in my experience. I'm not terribly impressed with the tracking on the octave effect either.

How do you personally feel about the unit? Is it easy to work with?

10. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    I don't have clips, but I use and really like the TC.

11. actually it is a very nice processor imo...i don't want an overly bass-y sound, because i like to be heard too live. the tone you heard of me clean is pretty close to whati use live, usually i turn up a little more bass on the amp, but i wasn't using an amp to record that...it was
    bass->MPX->toneport (nothing added in gearbox)->garageband

personally, i don't think the lexicon is incredibly bass-y, but i like that...playing with it myself i didn't notice any low-end drop, so that might be from playing right into the computer...plus i haven't really played with the on-board EQ either.
    and no, the octave wasn't great...thats probably my only gripe :) but i really like the reverbs and delays, along with the chorus...actually i was impressed with the flange as well, (actually because it didn't add a whole lot of bass :))
    but i hope those clips helped...

plus i should add that the MPX G2 was originally made for guitar, so i don't think that you'd be able to get uberlows out of it, if thats what you are looking for...

12. full_bleed

full_bleed

May 27, 2005
    Arizona
    yes they helped me a lot. I appreciate that you took your free time to do that for me. Most people probably wouldn't have.

It sounds like you picked the right unit for the sound you were trying to achieve. Congrats!

13. full_bleed

full_bleed

May 27, 2005
    Arizona
    Blisshead does the TC track the octaver effect better than the lexicon? How well does it maintain the true lowend without adding more bass in an eq?

14. Josh Ryan

Mar 24, 2001
    the TC is very good at keeping the full range, I have no problems with low end at all. (I play a GT-7)

The octaver, IME/O is better than the Lexicon.

I've yet to hear what I would consider the PERFECT octaver, but I think the TC is damn good, even on the B.

My rig lives at the singer's house, so next practice I'll see if he can record some clips for me. You have to wait until Thurday though.

15. Josh Ryan

Mar 24, 2001
    Woah, actually I just re-read and noticed your talking about the G-Force, I use the G-Major. I should have re-read your post earlier. So, I guess take my post with a grain of salt then.

16. full_bleed

full_bleed

May 27, 2005
    Arizona
    That's cool Blisshead I'd love to hear the difference between the Lexicon and the T.C. back to back.

17. Josh Ryan

Mar 24, 2001
    I recorded a clip of the octaver, the singer should be emailing it to me Friday.

18. full_bleed

full_bleed

May 27, 2005
    Arizona
    this is me tapping my foot . . . . . . ..... just kindding man, but I would still love to hear what you got whenever you get around to it.

19. Josh Ryan

Mar 24, 2001
    Here is the octaver, let me know if you want other things sampled and I'll try to grab them Monday.

Attached Files: