Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Needing Help w/ Pedalboard

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Petary791, Apr 11, 2005.

1. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    So I just got my phaser in today, and I really like it. It sounds good by itself, but I put it in my chain and I have a problem. My bass rig sounds much better with my compressor, but when I go Phaser--->Compressor, I always get a distorted sound. How do I fix this?

2. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

modulation goes after compression.

3. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    Always!?

4. rockstarbassist

rockstarbassist Banned

Apr 30, 2002
    The Woodlands, TX
    Endorsing Artist: HCAF

Never question JA- and yes, always. Compression always comes first if it's in a signal chain like that. ;) :bassist:

5. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    So when I get everything I want, I would do this?

Aphex Punch Factory COMPRESSOR (always on)--->Two Switch Looooper-->Big Muff in and 105Q Wah in one---> Phaser in other loop---> Amp?

I hope i'm explaining this well enough.

6. rockstarbassist

rockstarbassist Banned

Apr 30, 2002
    The Woodlands, TX
    Endorsing Artist: HCAF

Yeah that would work out well I think. I'd try the wah and phaser in a loop together, though. That Big Muff is gonna suck enough signal strength all by itself. You may have a pretty big hit to your sound if you have both of them in there, but yeah, just test it out. I only have one Loooper with one loop, and it does me just fine. I EQ and adjust my pedals accordingly so they're up to volume whenever they're kicked on. Before I get another one, I need to get one or two more pedals and be done with it, so I can rearrange my board and be good to go. But that's the last thing on my list... more effects. ;)

You seem to be on your way!