negative band environment

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by mmjazzbass, Feb 18, 2010.

1. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Retired Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    The instant a band member yells at me, they're gone.

2. DavePlaysBass

DavePlaysBass

Mar 31, 2004
    CO
  3. thekorean

thekorean

Feb 20, 2009
    Massachusetts
    "I do everything that people love to watch on stage, dont worry about people looking at you cause nobody will be (your playing bass). They all will be starring at me all night long, all you half to do is stand still and move your two little fingers ok. thanks, I will be holding more auditons this weekend. "
    if it is him I would have already left because he seems arrogant. Seems almost as a troll post on CL and made me laugh a bit

4. I didn't see whether this is a full time gig or a weekend warrior/hobby thing, but either way you should look for another band. Playing music is what I do to relieve stress, not induce it. I'd rather play with (other) marginally talented people that I get along with than a bunch of (other) talented but obnoxious pricks.

5. electracoyote

electracoyote Supporting Member

Wow. Really?

This could be, like, a reality TV show.

6. Jump and run... someone is clouding the vibe.

This is tough to sell and retain.

7. bergy9650

bergy9650

Jan 4, 2010
    howd it go...im asssuming something has happend by now? buit if not i sopport the memo about getting paid as a session musician until the treat you like part tof the band

8. Floyd Eye

Floyd Eye Inactive

Feb 21, 2010
    St. Louis
    You need to bring it to a head. Whispered talk between certain band members is bad. With the whole band present, lay out your side of the story and demand an immediate resolution, or bail.

9. :bassist::bassist:Damb right:bassist::bassist:

10. I'd just put it to them that if they accept you as the Bassist, then they accept your playing style. If they don't want your particular style, then they can find someone else. End of story.

11. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Sep 24, 2021