1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Negative Feedback Appeals Process

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box' started by Michael Vee, Jan 19, 2012.

1. In the event that a TB'er receives a negative feedback on a transaction, there needs to be a process whereby a forum admin can review the facts of the transaction and elect to remove the negative feedback.

I have been in contact with Denny (Masterbass!) who is in the same situation as I am, with one negative feedback that was unjustly given. We'd both (and I'm sure others as well) like to get that one negative off so we can get back to a 100% score.

Denny will probably post here as well. I'd like for TB admins to post here and discuss their thoughts on a due process.

2. pacojas

pacojas "FYYA BUN"

Oct 11, 2009
    MEXICANADAMERICA
    seems fair to have a hearing.

even if i wanted to leave a negative FB i wouldn't for fear of retaliation. :(

3. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    to report a rating, use the red triangle icon (same as report post icon next to each post)

The first question is, did a transaction take place? If a buyer feels that a seller sold something out from under him, for example, unless money was sent no transaction took place and no feedback can be left. In such a scenario, we will remove any negative feedback left.

When a transaction has taken place - money sent / goods shipped - then unless one side can provide proof beyond reasonable doubt that the other party is lying or mistaken then feedback will generally stand.

On a general note, we will also generally delete retaliatory feedback when reported. If a seller misrepresented an item, for example, a buyer should feel free to leave negative feedback without fear of retaliation. Such a situation lessens the effectiveness of the feedback system.

4. MasterBass!

MasterBass! Reaching new Highs in Lows!! Supporting Member

Thanks for your post Michael!! Your input is quite accurate...

I would suggest that ANY negative feedback should need to have a note of expaination attached and be reviewed before it is registered against anyone's feedback score.

I, as most TB'ers, take this feedback thing very seriously. It reflects on me, not only as a fellow musician..but personally as a fair and decent human being.

5. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    Talkbass admins get automated notifications when negative feedback is left, and it is initially reviewed at the time to see if it is obviously bad - retaliatory feedback or where obviously no transaction took place.

We are almost certainly not in possession of all facts at that time, so as mentioned above, you can use the report feedback icon to appeal and provide information to back your case. We will then review and take action if appropriate.