1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Negative Reaction to Penn State Hire

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Dr. Cheese, Jan 6, 2012.

1. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
  2. Darkstrike

Darkstrike Return Of The King!

Sep 14, 2007
    Geez, it was hard enough for them to find a guy who'd accept the job in the first place.

3. MJ5150

MJ5150 Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Good move. I said in the other thread the university needed to start fresh. I didn't want them hiring a former player. I am happy with this move. Bradley is a good guy, and deserved a shot at the job, which he did get.

-Mike

4. BioDriver

BioDriver A Cinderella story

Aug 29, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I saw this on ESPN earlier today. Just imagine the backlash if they'd hired a player who was there during Sandusky's tenure. Plus Paterno and Bradley both played at Brown, the latter of whom coached for one of the best teams in the NFL so non-alumnus griping aside I think this is a great fit.

5. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Supporting Member

It's football. It's a game. It's just a new coach. Move on, nothing to see here....

6. Forgive me for saying this, since I don't follow college football since I consider it the NFL's minor leagues, but should it really matter what a few players who played there years ago think about this? They're not doing the hiring and paying of O'Brien! It would be like asking Kurt Warner to have some input in the St.Louis Rams' next head coach! :scowl:

7. Richland123

Richland123

Apr 17, 2009
    Bradley grew up in my hometown in Pennsylvania and I do not know much about him. I have not heard too many people in my town pushing for him to get the job even though I understand he is a decent guy. Quite a few people have said they need to start fresh though. Unfortunately, some people who were not involved with anything will suffer the consequences.

8. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    If they win they will like him regardless of how they feel now. That's the bottom line. Best of luck to him.

bc

9. Say, that's not a bad idea.