1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Neld help hooking up my GK 2001 rb with my bass pod pro xt

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Breslin dp, Apr 9, 2009.

1. I am trying to do this properly, note there is no effects line in. I have been going through the input on the bass pod,and then going into the input on my GK is this the right way?:help:

2. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    It's fine, unless you're trying to use the pod as your only preamp, but if your amp has no loop, or preamp in, what you're doing is all you can do.

3. The GK2001RB should have an effects loop on the rear. Maybe even a couple! No shortage of features on that amp.

Try it through that.

here's the rear panel:

http://www.idmusikk.no/images/gk_2001rb.bmp

"Send" and "Return" are the jacks you want.

this way you'd have the POD in the loop and run your bass into the input of the GK.

You could also just run the POD to the "return" and run your bass into the POD, bypassing the GK preamp.

4. There is an effects loop... it is on the back. Here is the link to the 2001 manual... you'll see it there. http://www.gallien-krueger.com/manuals/2001RB-2001RBP.pdf

It does sound like you are hooking it up correctly and that is the way I would do it (for my effects pedals)

Good luck!

5. JanusZarate

JanusZarate Low End Avenger Gold Supporting Member

Feb 21, 2006
    San Francisco, CA, USA
    megadan's post is right on the money.

How you hook it up all depends on what you're trying to do. I'm not sure how well the POD will do in the effects loop (i.e., Send to the POD input, and Return to the POD output). It might be unpleasantly overdriven if it's not designed for that level of input. No risk of damage, but it might not sound right. Give it a try and make adjustments as needed.

If you're just using it for effects, then simply run it into the normal input of the 2001RB, on the front of the head. If you're using it as a preamp, plug your bass into the POD input and the POD output into the "Return" jack. That'll bypass the 2001RB preamp. But if this is what you're planning to use it for... are you sure you wanted a 2001RB, or did you really want a plain poweramp? :p

6. I want to use the bass pod just for it's effects, not it's amp models...:bassist:

7. JanusZarate

JanusZarate Low End Avenger Gold Supporting Member

Feb 21, 2006
    San Francisco, CA, USA
    Run through the front, then - just like an ordinary pedal. No effects loop needed. ;)

8. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    I missed the fact that it's a modern GK amp, only read the part that said no loop. OOps, but it's just fine like it's being used, in any case.