Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Nemesis 210 Problem

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Magical_Max, Jul 18, 2005.

1. Hello, hoping that someone can help.
    I have a Nemesis 210 combo, I normally have the Master set to half and the Gain set to something below that. If I try to raise the Gain to half or more it starts to make a high pitched noise, any ideas as to why this is?
    http://www.eden-electronics.com/nemesis/indiv/nc210.asp

Also I'm not up on the handling capacities and Ohm's and things like that could I add the SWR Big Ben 18" cab to the amp succesfully?
    http://www.swrsound.com/products/customproseries/bigben.html

Any help apprieciated. :help:

2. lo-freq

lo-freq aka UFO

Jan 19, 2003
    The Republic of Texas
    How close to the speakers are your bass' pickups?
    Are all the tone controls set flat (bass and amp)?
    Are you playing a hollow (or simi-hollow) body bass?
    Outside of these issues, I have no idea.

The NC-210P that I had was wired so that the extra cab you hooked up was connected in series instead of parallel.
    Just add the impedence of the cab you're connecting to 4ohm (the internal impedence) and that's the load the amp is seeing (it's going to reduce the output power of the amp).
    If the cab you connect is 4ohm, the amp will see 8ohm.
    If the cab is 8ohm, the amp will see 12ohm.

3. Kelly Coyle

Kelly Coyle Supporting Member

Nov 16, 2004
    Mankato, MN
    Try it with a different bass. If it isn't feedback or pickup squeal, you know, something in the amp is broken. I have one, and, of course, that isn't normal behavior. You should probably contact them rather than us, although we're always happy to commiserate.

4. Thanks very much, I've been meaning to post this for ages but haven't got round to it because of over work. Il try flattening the EQ and placing myself further away from the amp, and cross everything that is humanly possible to cross.

Problem is I only ever really crank it at rehearsals (small "cosy" rooms), I haven't pushed it at home because of neighbours and such like.

If it keeps on making noises at me I'll contact Eden.

Cheers