1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Nemesis 210 vs Avatar 210 ?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by shoot-r, Aug 12, 2007.

1. shoot-r

shoot-r

May 26, 2007
    Illinois
    I'm helping a fellow bassist put together a portable, low cost, rig. He's going with either "two" Avatar 210 Neo's or "two" Eden Nemesis 210 cabs. His head of choice is a used GK800. An active 4 -string Fender jazz is his bass. The group he's with plays moderate volume country-country rock at the local animal clubs and bars. Rarely will he have P.A. support. Does anyone have working experience with both company's 210 cabs? How do they compare in a band setting? All input to help with the decision we thank you for in advance.

2. Freddels

Freddels Musical Anarchist

Apr 7, 2005
    Sutton, MA
    You should also take a look at Carvin's BR210. I have a RL210T that sounds pretty good.

3. Mystic Michael

Mystic Michael Hip No Ties

Apr 1, 2004
    New York, NY
    I can say only that you're on the right track. I own both the Nemesis 4x10 and 2x10 combo amps, and recommend them. The 2x10 moves less air, but is actually deeper than the 4x10. Two of them would generate some decent volume and go deep.

I've heard similar feedback regarding the Avatar 2x10 Neos...

MM

4. shoot-r

shoot-r

May 26, 2007
    Illinois
    Thanks guys for the replies. Mr. MysticMichael, have you ever been able to compare your Nemmies to Eden series cabs? If so, what did you think the difference was? The reason I ask is I'm trying to talk my buddy into a single Eden 210XST....but....he really likes the idea of two 210 cabs stacked vertically. Also, do you think "two" 210 Nemmies will have better low end and projection than your four-10" cab? Thanks again.

5. shoot-r

shoot-r

May 26, 2007
    Illinois
    Does anyone know if Eden has discontinued their CX210 cabinets? Also, has anyone played through one of these?

6. jrock357mag

jrock357mag

Nov 29, 2006
    Columbus Ohio
    I just sold my Eden Nemesis 4x10 combo, the amp sounded great and gave me many years of service and good gigs, though I traded it in for a Markbass 2x10 combo. Weighs almost 18lbs less, louder and much better tone.....though it came with high price tag, id recomend it over the Nemesis or the Avatar. The Nemeis 2x10 is a great combo though I think IMO you might cut yourself a little short if you ever needed more sound or versitility in the future.