Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Nemesis 2x10 Cab or Ampeg SVT 2x10HE cab

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by John K., Dec 29, 2001.

1. I have a hankerin for a cab, and I need a small extension to my Peavey, I already got all the numbers down for ohms and power handling, what have you. But I just need opinions. Which will last longer, sound punchier, and have alot of bass without getting "boomy"? Thanks.

2. ...I like my new SVT210HE, It lacks a little lows but not as much as most 2x10 the horn is a nice feature too. It has really good volume for a 2x10 but that may be because I'm using a 450 watt power amp to run it. I like it works great for smaller gigs when the volume of a 4x10 is not needed but the punch is... I'm not going to say coffee house gigs but really good for smaller venues.

3. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    I have a Nemesis 210 combo amp. I would say the speakers sound pretty decent, some nice lows.. I like my amp.. but i am looking for something different.. a bigger amp and what not.. have you looked at ashdown stuff? i've heard decent things about these cabs.. never tried them myself so i really can't say much about them.