Nemesis 2X10

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by steve2, Feb 13, 2003.

1. steve2

Sep 23, 2001
    Piney Flats, TN
    I was wondering on opinions on the Nemesis 2X10. What is their new price and what do they go for used.
  2. Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY
    There've been a couple of threads about this box. New is around $600; used around $400. Very light for a 2X10 (it's made out of recycled wood pulp), but its bulk doesn't make it the most portable combo.
  3. Jeb T

Jeb T

Feb 19, 2002
    San Carlos, CA

I've had one for 2 years and enjoy it. It's 200 or 220 watts, which is not enough some times. The amp has great tone and sounds bigger than 200 watts, but outside or in large rooms is not powerful enough.

One time playing in a hot, big room, the automatic cut-off became engaged. That was a gig nightmare, but it was at the end of the night.

You can check out some of its sounds at, and if you want there are additional studio recordings (the Nemesis miked up and recorded digitally). For the show that's on the website, I cut some of the mids and lows to compensate for a boomy room (haven't gotten into the specific frequency eq stuff), so the overall bass sound is less bassy than normal.

Overall though, excellent for practice and small gigs. Super light at 45 pounds or so. It does have a direct out, so going through the PA and stage monitors could solve power issues.

Some used ones are going on Ebay for cheap.

4. I had one for a couple of years. Started out loving it, ended up not liking it. Nice sound with my old Yamaha 5-string, but I didn't like it w/ my Fender Amer. Jazz.

I gig alot and carrying it around was a pain - top handle rubber came off leaving the piercing metal band. Size was nice and compact - but had to angle up on stage or put on a chair if I didn't want all my sound battering my ankles. The knob covers all came off pretty easily.

Anyway - enough rambling - it might be good if you take care of it - I'm a bit rough on equipment.

Hope this helps.
  5. Sorry - one more rant - I had the same problem with cut off due to excessive heat, but yes, direct out still worked.

Ok, really, I'll stop now.
  6. iplaybass

iplaybass Guest

Feb 13, 2000
    Germantown, TN
    Do you mean the cab or the combo? I have the Nemesis 2x10 cab and I really like it; great volume and punch in a very light package. I run 250 watts into it from my SWR SM400S. I've heard great things about the combo as well.
  7. I had the combo, not the cab.