Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by emielow, Jun 4, 2005.

1. emielow

Jan 18, 2004

Eden's little brother, it's a lot cheaper.. Is it a good choice for about 500 dollars? does anybody have experiences with nemesis? It looks pretty cool :bassist: does it sounds as FAT as eden?
  2. I bought a nemesis 2x10 combo about three years ago and took it back to the shop after the ifrst time I gigged it.

Very hifi, power goes into the bass rather than volume. Not the amp for rock and roll punch.

Now, if you don't WANT rock and roll punch, then it might be fine, coz it was a pretty well made machine.
  3. emielow

Jan 18, 2004
    yesterday i played a gig on a eden 2x10+2x12 stack, and it really sounded FAT! i want eden, but i dont have eden money...

any ideas for amps about 500 dollaar?
  4. Tash

Feb 13, 2005
    Bel Air Maryland
    Kustom Groovebass is very well liked around here, its in the $500 range. has the GK1001RB-II for $600, which is another very popular amp (though it'll sound worlds different from the Kustom or the Eden probably).
  5. Snarf

Jan 23, 2005
    New York, NY
    I have a really old Nemesis 115 combo, has served me well for four years. Yeah, it doesn't really cut through in rock, but for all other things it works beautifully. If you need something that competes with Marshall stacks, GK or Hartke are famous for bringing bass out of the shadows.