Nemesis gear---anyone?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by nysurf2772, Sep 12, 2005.

1. nysurf2772

Jun 20, 2005
    anyone use this stuff....looks interesting and at a good price point.....people ask, but not much information or even reviews seems to be availible in the usual places.....
  2. jz0h4d

Apr 26, 2005
    I have the 2-10 model and the 4-10 model, both older 200 watt models bought used.

The 2-10m makes a great rehersal amp. Much better than say a workingmans 12. The 4-10 works well in smaller bars without pa support. Both sound great and have not failed me or shut down due to overheating.

For larger bars i use them both.
  3. Snarf

Jan 23, 2005
    New York, NY
    My old NC200 (115, 200 watts) rocked. I could even play decent sized indoor shows with it. Amazing tone. And to the guy who recommended Avatar, you do know that Avatar doesn't make amps, right?
  4. Aenema

Apr 18, 2001
    id say nemesis is great stuff for the money. nice warm tone and it wont empty your wallet. ive only played it in the store but every review ive read on nemesis gear has been awsome.
  5. resol

resol Guest

Feb 21, 2005
    i have the newer 250w 2x10 combo - awesome little amp...very nice warm tones - particularly good for active basses

i did have a brief problem with a 'buzz' within the amp, but turns out it was a just a loose transformer or something - now i'm rockin again with no issues :)

also wanna add it gets very loud for a little 2x10 combo
  6. Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    I've got a Nemisis 4x10 cab. When I'm not using one of my home-made cabs, I'll use this one. I consider it excellent value.

Forget the comparisons to Avatar - Nemisis are made by Eden and they sound a lot like an Eden. I know this because I've also got an Eden 210xlt and you can tell they're related. As you'd expect, the 4x10 is louder and has more lows, but there's definitely a family resemblance.
  7. When I was trying out amps (looking for a 2x10), among the many I tried were the Eden DC-210XLT Metro and the Eden Nemesis 210. For what it's worth, I didn't think the two sounded anything alike, especially when run with a flat EQ. I loved the Metro and couldn't get the warm, round, full sound I wanted with the Nemesis. I went with the Metro (above all the other amps I tried, at that). It's just one man's opinion and experience, though, so take it for what it's worth.
  8. Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    I wouldn't use those words to describe either my Eden 210 or the Nemisis 410. To me they're designed to be the opposite, ie Crisp, loud, punchy in the mids, and not too boomy. They're designed to cut through the mix, and that's what they do best.
  9. My local store offered the new nsp410 cabinet for really low price, so I went on with it.
    Didn't like much the combos, but I thought that's mainly because of the head. I was right. The H&K BassBase 600 with nsp410 works as it should.
    First, the cabinet is ultra light. I can carry it myselft with one hand! It has nice removable casters, so it's as portable as it can be. When I first plugged it in, I noticed a lot of crispy highs. Reducing treble did help, but I needed another solution: BB600 has an internal high cut option - to route high frequncies to another amp+speaker. In my situation I just set the crossover frequency to 2k, and there was it - my sound. Lots of powerfull lows, with a bit of low-mids.
    Live, nobody noticed any difference on stage. They all felt the ruble at their feet as before. So I guess, it's a keeper.

10. Matt H

Matt H

Jul 30, 2005
    Ithaca, NY

see, you're comparing the combo amps- the poster you were quoting was comparing the CABS. your "no family resemblance" post really has nothing to do with his "family resemblance" post.
  11. Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    Funnily enough, I originally used the 4x10 together with a JBL 15" I built myself. That was an amazing rig. With a mere 400w, I was able to overpower multi-thousand watt PA's and 100w marshalls guitar half stacks without sacrificing anything in the sub 100Hz region. In my mind, the 15 was doing all the real rumbling.

We scored a regular Sunday gig at a great bar, but the band plays on the 3rd floor and there is no lift. Eventually I got sick of carting the whole rig and started using the 410 on it's own. Initially I was concerned because it doesn't have the lows of my 15. To my surprise, it more than cut the mustard. Admitedly I have PA support at all my gigs, so the PA takes the real low stuff. I've only recently stopped using the Nemesis after many years of faithful service. It is now a backup to the even smaller, even lighter 2x12 I built recently.

I guess it depends what you like. If you like a cab to be uncoloured and sound nice with a CD playing through it, look elsewhere. If you want a cab that make a bass sing along with the rest of the band, get a Nemesis.