Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Nemesis Heads

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jazzy bass man, Aug 22, 2005.

1. Just wondering if anyone has tried one of the eden nemesis separate heads.

How do they compare to other eden gear.

Thanks

2. Sounbwoy

Sounbwoy Supporting Member

Aug 29, 2005
    Clayton, NC
    I'm interested too...The Nemesis Separate is on my short list...Would love any feedback..

3. Just played out of a Nemesis head about an hour ago (the new 'blue' one with the cool lighted logo) at LDS in Detroit. It is definitely in the 'Eden' family of tone, and is very, very, very impressive tone and volume-wise given the price. I've been impressed every time I've played out of that thing... and the 410 cab is surprisingly good also.... very mid punchy and articulate. I have no idea regarding reliability, but most of the Eden stuff has been good from what I've heard.

4. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    I played through a Nemesis 2/8 combo the other day, BUT, I played acoustic guitar through it. I haven't tried it with a bass. It DOES make a good sounding acoustic guitar amp.

5. bump

I'm also interested in other opinions

6. bmc

bmc

Nov 15, 2003
    Switzerland
    I used a Nemesis combo for five years of steady gigging. Very reliable. I was able to eq the amp in any situation, using just the parametric cointrols, leaving everything else flat.

The thermal protection shut down only once, but we were playing in the desert in the Middle east and it hot out. A two minute cool down and it was back up and running.

I played on average once a week for the last three of those five years and never had an issue. I'm sure the new heads will be just as reliable.

7. Like bmc, I played a Nemesis combo for five or six years, pushed it hard and never had a problem, sold it to a friend who is still doing the same.
    I've now upgraded to Eden gear, but would happily play Nemesis gear any time - it still has the characteristic Eden transparency of tone and extended lows.

8. Do you think it would be well suited for SWR pro cabs? Or better to stick with Eden?

9. bmc

bmc

Nov 15, 2003
    Switzerland
    Sure. Why not? Best to try it out to see. SWR cabs used to be made by Eden at one time.

10. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

Was this the NA320 or NA650?

11. I am a fan of nemesis. i think they sound just like edens, only without the high price tag...i like them

12. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

Would you describe them as warm or bright? I prefer warmer amps. Also, can you get any grit out of them (a little over drive with pumping the gain)? Thanks!

13. vision

vision It's all about the groove! Supporting Member

Feb 25, 2005
    Ann Arbor, MI
    does anyone know how much power the na650 puts into 4 and 8 ohms? the eden site only lists its power into 2 ohms (650)

14. bmc

bmc

Nov 15, 2003
    Switzerland
    Definitely warm. That combo breaks up like a tube amp. It sounds like a tube amp. It's a nice unit.