1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Nemesis na320 into two bergantino ht112s crackling

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by philvergnugen, Aug 21, 2007.

1. I recently purchased a new Nemesis na320 head and two used Bergantino ht112 cabinets. The second day after I bought it, it started crackling. I don't think that the speakers are blown because the crackling comes in and out every few seconds rather than a constant rattling noise. I also don't think that the speakers are blown because the cabinets together should handle 600 watts, the head is only 320 watts, and the highest I've turned it up is a little more than halfway. My knowledge about the way all this works is next to nothing, but I'm guessing that the problem is a connection somewhere. I really don't know what else to describe, but if anyone wants to know something more I'll happily tell you. Any thoughts on this are really appreciated.

2. THSL

THSL

Jun 3, 2007
    New York, NY
    I have an Eden Nemesis NA650 that did the same thing when I played it out at a show for the first time shortly after I purchased it new. My advise is that if it is still under warranty, take it to an authorized Eden service center to have it looked at. There are probably some connections that weren't soldered well... Also, do not put the amplifier in a 2U rack case. It needs to ventilate, so either use it without a case, or put it in a 4U case... Hope this helps.

THSL
    http://harikzehr.com

3. i will try that. thank you! :)

4. myhot4

myhot4

Jul 11, 2006
    Sydney Australia
    I would try cleaning out teh input jacks first before sending it back, just in case, that is where tha fault is, and only takes a simple fix. So clean out the jacks on th amp, clean the cable input jacks, and if possible try a different bass and different cables. goodluck.

5. thank you for the advice. i am a relatively inexperienced user, though, and do not know how to clean out the jacks. how do i do it? thanks.

6. myhot4

myhot4

Jul 11, 2006
    Sydney Australia
    I use cotton buds, with no added chemicals. With the input jacks, use a clean cloth.