Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Nemesis NC-410P combo, what is your opinion?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by CYoung, Mar 12, 2002.

1. CYoung

CYoung

Nov 30, 2000
    Gainesville, FL
    I have opportunity to pick up a Nemesis NC-410P combo for around $500 or so. Problem is, it is in another state and no one around here has one that I can try to see if I like the sound.

I am looking for a small/medium sied unit for clubs and small gigs. I mostly play fingerstyle with my Cirrus 4-stringer and a Carvin LB20 fretless 4 stringer.

My questions are:
    1. How would you characterize the sound of this amp?
    2. Can I hook up an external cab and get a little more than 225W?
    3. Is $500 an ok price for an amp of this type?

Thank you in advance!

2. LJW

LJW

Feb 8, 2002
    northeastern pa.
    spent some time with a NC210P

....nice tone

....very portable

....good for small rooms only

3. I have one - I've used it with an Ibanez SR406, a Peavey Cirrus 6 and a Fury 6, a Lakland 55-94 and a Fender Jazz Deluxe.

1. I think the tone on these things is best described as accurate. It's not as bright as say, an Eden XLT but I think it does just fine. I like mine pretty well.

2. No - the external speaker jack on this amp is a series connection. The 410 is a 4 ohm cabinet and the amp is not stable at less than 4 ohms. If you add an extension cabinet you'll lose volume. It'll do small rooms just fine. The 410 is 3db louder than the 210 is.

3. Yes. Mine is for sale right now and that's what I'm asking for it - I've got a local buyer waiting for the tax fairy to land so I think the thing is sold. I think it's easily worth $500 if the cabinet is in good shape. I paid over $800 for mine - the reason I'm selling it is that I went to something with more headroom and lighter components.

allan

4. CYoung

CYoung

Nov 30, 2000
    Gainesville, FL
    The speaker jack is series?!? How odd!

Thanks for the input guys, this has been very helpful so far. Hopefully others will also give their input.

My problem is that my current rig is just too big. I have a head, 1x15 cab, and a powered 2x10 cab. Trying to fit this into a Dodge Neon is a pain in the arse. A nice sub-$1k combo with a full, warm sound would be ideal and I am thinking this Nemesis combo may be a good option. I am trying to steer clear of 2x10 combos. I am just not convinced that 2x10 can cause the voume I may need. I am debating the 4x10 combo or getting a good 4x10 cab and keeping my head (Peavey Mark IV, series 400).

Does anyone else make a similar 4x10 combo?

5. I guess it's a series connection to keep folks from plugging in an extension cabinet and cooking their amp - but I got that straight from Eden.

allan

6. bben

bben

Feb 28, 2002
    Santa Fe, NM
    I have a 210P, it's loud enough to play with a medium drummer and reasonable guitars, but not quite with a loud drummer and ego-style guitar. The amplifier has a nice preamp with a good DI, contour tone control, and one quasi-parametric tone control.

I would think the 410 would be a great amp if a big combo is what you want, and as far as Eden products go, great bang for the buck.

FWIW, I used a Peavey head similar to yours with an old Peavey 410 (small size) that was in a practice room. I couldn't stand it, next time I brought the Nemesis 210. Nothing against Peavey (my current 410 cab is a Peavey) but the Nemesis 210 put that old Peavey 410 on the trailer.