Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Nemesis NC-410P Dilemma!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Sahbiot, Aug 31, 2002.

1. Sahbiot

Sahbiot

Aug 28, 2002
    Australia, Sydney
    G'day mates, im currently looking to buy a Nemesis NC-410P, though it would be quiet big to bring around, so i thought why don't i buy a NC-210P and N-210P so i can bring the small combo when i don't need the other two 10's!

my questions are, is it a good idea? & would i be loosing anything if i did that? (other than the money factor)

nemesis website link: http://www.eden-electronics.com/

2. Dean_CustomJazz

Dean_CustomJazz Guest

Jan 23, 2002
    woburn
    i say go for it. You'll get twice the power. instead of one amp with 225 watts, you'll have more portability and with 480 watts. Plus you could sort of bi-amp them by focusing the bottom one on lows, and the top one on mids/highs. sound like a good idea to me;)

3. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    The idea is good, but I'm not sure if Nemesis combos can support additional cab.

If they can, I would personally choose some other type of cab, like N-212P or N-115P, to give me bit more lows though.

4. Sahbiot

Sahbiot

Aug 28, 2002
    Australia, Sydney
    so is it right when i say, a speaker cabinet would double my power, even though it is running off the NC-210P Combo? man WHATTA RIPPER! i will have to go for that configuration then mate!

yep the nemesis actually have a speaker out at the back, heres a link to the back of the amp: http://www.smile-music.de/SMILE_Music_Kontakt/EDEN_Bass_Equipment/Nemesis_Combos/NC200back.jpg

yeah i will have to take your advice on that, and maybe get a bigger size speaker for the lows aye. but will i get maximum use of the wattage? since the NC-210P has 225watts of power at 4ohm and the N-212P Speaker Cabinate will have a max of 350watts at 4ohms. will there be a problem there? will i lose the potential power of the N-212P? :eek:

cheers

5. jobu3

jobu3 Artist formerly known as Big Joe

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    no you won't lose out on that deal. you will have more speaker area to push more air and better lowend. just be careful to not push the combo too hard and clip it to "try and get more from your 212"