Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Nemesis NC410 next week :):) !

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by darkenraja, Feb 10, 2005.

1. Well,

Looks like its finally on its way down here to Adelaide. I had to order in one from Melbourne since they had none in stock, but this means im getting a brand new one right from the ship, so im generally excited.

Ive heard nothing but good things about these combos, and ive had the oppurtunity to play a show with the 1x15 version, it was great, but apparently the 4x10 just has a much more rockier and punchier bass sound than the 15.

So it should be fun to finally gig with it too :D we play some pretty large shows usually, running through massive PA's so power usually isn't an issue.

I CANT WAIT :D

2. r379

r379

Jul 28, 2004
    Dallas, Texas
    I've played through one in a music store and was impressed. For a solid state combo it sounds good and this is coming from someone who insists on a tube preamp. Doesn't weigh much either and that's always a plus.

3. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    I've got the 4x10 cab. Love it! Very under-rated 4x10!

4. bmc

bmc

Nov 15, 2003
    Switzerland
    One of these days I'll write a summary of a test I did this week. I recently bought a new SWR Basic 2-Way cab. It has 1-15 plus horn, rear ported.

I ran it with:

1. SWR Workingman 160 Head
    2. Power amp + SABDDI
    3. Power amp + Sadowsky floor preamp
    4. Power amp + Nemesis pre-out

All sounded good except for the Sadowsky. What I did find interesting was when I cranked the main volume on the Nemesis to power the 2-10's in it. I was effectively doing an A/B comparison between a Nemesis preamp into a power amp into the SWR and into the Nemesis speakers.

The Nemesis won hands down interms of depth, fullness, roundness and projection.

You will find that the Nemesis has a tube like growl when you push it. Very undervalued amp line. My NC210P weighs less than the SWR cab, and it fits in the trunk of my car.

Guess I don't have to write the summary, now do I.

I think you'll be very pleased with your new amp. Very well voiced amps with a ton of flexibility to suit any room.

Let us know how goes.

5. Congrats. Those nemises combos do stand out in that they have non-fatiguing, warm sound and subwoofer-like lows. They are light weight and look cool. They also hold their value, as you can see if you look up prices on used ones. Is it coming via boat or air?

BTW, I actually studied at the U. of Adelaide. I remember the "Barr Smith" library, the awesome pubs, Glenelg trolly, awsome girls, tasty wines/food, S. Australian Parliament and a buch of other things.

6. :D yeah, its a nice little city, although it gets a bad wrap from the other capitals in Aussie.

7. Tangentally related to Nemises Combos, I remember going to a disco called "Heaven" and some very hot girls would make out with each other to get attention, with a considerable degree of success.

8. yeah, heaven......it has the best sound system in south australia there. I saw Opeth play there...oh and also, there has been a number of drive buy shootings at that club too :S hahahha but apart form that, yes, the girls do well there!