Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Nemesis NC810 combo users/testers, I need your advice!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by andruca, Mar 17, 2006.

1. andruca

andruca

Mar 31, 2004
    Madrid (Spain)
    Hi!

I'm in need of a second rig. Also I'd like to have something different from the 2x15" + 4x10" combination I already have. And I was thinking maybe a big combo would do fine so the Nemesis NC810 took my attention. There's no way I can test one here in Madrid (will buy from a German online store) so I need your opinions. I know I should try first, but I have a friend who has a music store here and he can sell it for new if I don't like it. Please, tell me everything you know. Compare it to any other piece of gear you wish. Any info will be much appreciated. Depending on what it suits better I'll be using it either with a classic rock&roll band or with a ska-punk band. My basses are a Musicman Stingray 5 (which I use for ska-punk) and a Fernandes Gravity Deluxe V (which I use for R&R). Thanks so much for your help!

ANDRUCA

2. andruca

andruca

Mar 31, 2004
    Madrid (Spain)
    Bump!

Didn't anyone even test this amp? Thanks!

ANDRUCA

3. andruca

andruca

Mar 31, 2004
    Madrid (Spain)
    Bump!

Really? Nobody ever played one of these? C'mn guys!

Thanks!

ANDRUCA

4. SnoMan

SnoMan Words Words Words Supporting Member

Jan 27, 2001
    Charleston, WV
    I'd never seen that before today.

I'm trying to decide whether it's silly or awesome....:smug:

The nemesis combo's I've heard have rocked...I would expect the same from one of these.

I'd like to find a price on it

5. Rhythmbug

Rhythmbug

Jan 22, 2006
    London UK
    I've only played through a NC115, but actually plan on purchase an NC410 in the near future. The NC115 was friggin loud and very punchy if that's anything to go by. Fairly transparent sound. Very basic tonal controls, IMO you set it once (probably flat) and that's it. I also play a Musicman Stingray 5 as well and strangely enough a Fernades Gravity 5 but its a fretless. hehe
    My only criticism is you would want to use a compressor (the limiter hardly does anything), and it lacks the tonal variety of more complex heads. But hey I'm used to playing a trace elliot GP12SMX which has more knobs and buttons than a cockpit.
    Using a eq / preamp stompbox would be helpful with the NC series combos for getting different tones.

But for the money the NC410 is all I need.
    If you like your equipment simple and effective it is a perfect solution IMO. They are fairly lightweight too.

6. andruca

andruca

Mar 31, 2004
    Madrid (Spain)
    Oh, guys, I appreciate your words very much! Thanks a lot for your comments!

ANDRUCA

7. bmc

bmc

Nov 15, 2003
    Switzerland
    I always associate a combo with portability. Some of the heavier Ashdowns with 4x10's and this behemoth make it seem rediculous.

That being said, I love Nemesis amps and used one for years. Great product and I assume the 810 could only be great.

8. Jimmy P.

Jimmy P.

Apr 5, 2005
    Tokyo, Japan
  9. andruca

andruca

Mar 31, 2004
    Madrid (Spain)

There's both, the cabinet only and the combo version. I'm not looking for a combo because of portability. I need a simple and loud enough solution and really like the all-in-one-unit concept of a combo. Thanks!

ANDRUCA

10. bmc

bmc

Nov 15, 2003
    Switzerland
    You are right. They are both cab and combo. And if you think about it, if you're shooting for the cab and possibly the matching head, why not go for the all in one package. Makes sense to me. The problem may arise when you go to see it. I have a feeling this amp will be an orphan. I'm convinced it'll be a big seller.