Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Nemesis...... ok?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Bashalte, Aug 19, 2002.

1. What do you think about these combo´s? Light, powerfull and a good sound?
    2x10......is it enough to gig with?

2. iplaybass

iplaybass Guest

Feb 13, 2000
    Germantown, TN
    I have one, it has a great sound. Very punchy. Definately NOT enough to gig with though, IMO. You need some low end reinforcement... maybe with a 15 it would be enough. I use a 2x12 with my 2x10.

Edit: I am using the Nemesis 2x10 cabinet, not combo. Same cab, only I use it with an SWR SM400S.

3. bben

bben

Feb 28, 2002
    Santa Fe, NM
    I had a Nemesis 210, great combo, now my son has one. It worked for me for gigs; plenty of stage volume and I used the DI (which is a good one) into the PA for house volume. I liked the light weight. Be sure you get one of the later ones that has the heat sink on the back - I have heard that some of the earlier ones without the heat sink get hot enough to shut down.

4. Showdown

Showdown Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2002
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    I have one (210 cab) and it is definately loud enough for me to gig with (it is what I use on gigs). It has a lot of low end, enough for my Lakland 5 string. What kind of music do you play? It may not have enough volume to compete with two Marshall stacks, but it is enough for just about any other situation. In my band it has more than enough volume to play medium sized clubs, without going into the PA.

5. Thanks for your reply´s
    Most of the time i´ll play ' classic rock' like the stones, the old fleetwood mac, neil young, santana etc. etc.. But also more new stuf like lenny krevitz, smashing pumpkins, the cult and new wave like the cure and joy division.
    The lightweight construction versus the power of 225 watts is in mine opinion a great surplus.
    I´ll play an Fender mm. sunburst standard with schaller bridge, the original bridge is verry frustrating, who do his job wel for the classic repetoire...nice growll...!! Also an active ATK 300 for the other styles, great bass with a bit to thick neck to my taste.

6. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    I had a nemesis 210 combo until this morning when I shipped it to a fellow TBer today. It is a great combo amp for the price.. hard to beat IMO

7. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    I just used mine at practice today. I wish I woulda gotten the 2-12 instead, but thats just because Im really picky, and we practice way louder than we need to. Actually its because the drummer likes to beat his drums into submission. (We're a hardcore rock band.)

I cant find a better value. They sound great with barely any EQ'ing, and I havent had a problem with mine.

Theyre also relatively light, and you wont find low end like that out of any other 2-10 combo except maybe something atleast 2-2 1/2 times more expensive.

Peace
    Nick

8. I had the 4x10 combo for about six months and loved it. If it had been lighter I'd have kept it as a practice amp.

The 4x10 is a fair bit louder than the 2x10 - but it's also a fair bit heavier.

9. iplaybass

iplaybass Guest

Feb 13, 2000
    Germantown, TN
    I use an SWR SM-400S with the EQ set for heavy bass/low-mid preference and some treble. I find that while it can handle the E to my liking, it farts out anything lower. Also, at rehearsal(louder volumes) it distorts and falls short of giving me the clear bass I get from my 2x12. It certainly would work if my personal preference wasn't big bottom; I guess I should have been more specific.

10. Showdown

Showdown Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2002
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    I play in a country band, so I use a lot of low end and low mids (maybe not as much as you), and not much highs. I don't have a bit of problem with the B string "farting".

11. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    I play my five string G&L in several rock bands, which usually means alot of boosting the mids and lows, and I dont have problems with mine.

Peace
    Nick