1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Nemesis Silver Series N28S

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by silvermaneZ, Nov 30, 2006.

1. silvermaneZ

silvermaneZ

Oct 10, 2000
    Houston, TX
    I have been looking for an affordable combo and just discovered this one. I play a Henry the 8x8 in my main rig, and love the sound of the smaller speakers. Does anyone have any opinions on this combo, or suggestions of other combos that utilize 8" speakers before I drive 100 miles round trip to try this thing out?

Robert

2. cheezewiz

cheezewiz Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    I've played through one, and it's a good sounding amp. It's really only suitable for low volume rehearsals, and small coffee shop type jobs though. You can't get much volume out of it.

3. OH YEAH.... I own this combo amp, won it on the BAY. When I took it out of the box and looked at it, I thought, man this thing is gonna suck. NOT.... I plugged it in and wow, couldn't believe the tone and volume pouring out of this thing. My main axe is a G&L L-2000 Tribute so thats what I tested it with. This amp can handle a low B on a 5 string with ease. AS far as volume? It's loud to me, but I'm sure for some people it would not meet their needs. I played a wedding reception back in the summer at a very posh country club using this amp. The sound man looked at me and said, "is that all your gonna use"? I said sure, anyway, he saw the DI line out and started to run me through the PA, and I said, " hold on there sport", I'm not gonna need any PA support. Long story- short version, at the end of the gig he just shook his head and told me he was blown away by my sound and VOLUME :D :D and that he liked it better than alot of "big rigs". Sorry for the long post, I just had to voice my opinion about this combo. :hyper: :bassist: :D

4. steamthief

steamthief

Jan 25, 2006
    Mentone Beach
    I had one and it sounded great! The only reason I sold it was I needed the coin to get a head. Hooked up to an 8-ohm cab this thing sounds amazing!

5. I had one also.. Great sounding amp for the price! The 8s do handle the low end quite well. I sold it because it just didn't have the volume I needed for a big band (pretty obvious). But if I was only doing small group/quartet gigs I would've kept it.

6. You can add another 8 ohm speaker to it to take advantage of the full 170 watts the amp is capable of putting out. By itself it is 120 watts. I have not had a chance to play one, but I sure would like to. I have only read positive comments on the Eden forum about these little combo amps.

7. +1 for the comments above

Not loud but good sounding. I liked it very much with my Bartolini equipped basses. Haven't tried it with external speaker cab.

8. silvermaneZ

silvermaneZ

Oct 10, 2000
    Houston, TX
    Well, I would say that those are rather positive reviews. I guess it is a road trip tomorrow to go play through the thing.

Thanks to everyone for the info.

Robert