Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Nemsis Vs Yamaha

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by heath_the_great, Mar 27, 2005.

1. so...my latest projects include a Heavy Funk Band and a Jazz Trio with a Blues Project coming up......ive been trying a fair few amps lately and really impressed by two

Nemesis 210 Combo (with either a 2nd 2x10 cab or 1x15 nemesis cab)
    and
    the Yamaha bbt500h and the Yamaha 410

im using a 5 string jazz at the moment with the evntually addition of an electric upright (or acoustic).....so which would probably suit these projects best

2. just recently I picked up a 4x10 nemesis. All i can say is that ive been really happy with the purchase, its a really great amp.

Ive also used the 1x15, and that also was great amp.

I havent heard anything about the yamaha, but all i can say is the nemesis series are a really great amp.

3. popinfresh

popinfresh

Dec 23, 2004
    Melbourne, Aus
    Why not the yamaha amp with the Nemesis cab?

4. well the yamaha head and cabs are optimised power rating wise for each other.....same with the nemsis...plus i dont like mixing and matching...i find that usually sound like rubbish anyway

like the other night saw a band the guy had an ampeg 410, hartke 15 and a fender pro800 head..sounded like rubbish getting thrown around in a tinc can inside a cardboard box with a wet blanket on it

5. popinfresh

popinfresh

Dec 23, 2004
    Melbourne, Aus
    Sounds impressive!

6. plus i read in some cabinet manual that if you use another brands head of power amp through it you void it warranty....

the only cabinet id use not matching up with the head would be acme

7. jimbob

jimbob

Dec 26, 2001
    Charlotte NC
    Endorsing Artist: Acoustica Mixcraft; Endorsing Artist: DR Strings
    I own a Nemesis 210, I play a 4 string fretted and fretless in a 3 piece Rock/Funk band, and I highly recommend it. I also use OD, Chorus, and Envelope effects. If you will be playing live through a PA, it has the cleanest output and very light (under 50 lbs). I plugged it into an 18" cab in a rehersal and it was just slamming.

8. bmc

bmc

Nov 15, 2003
    Switzerland
    I had a Nemesis 210 for five years of steady gigging. Reliable. Loud. Lightweight. Very well voiced. Great amp.

9. The Nemesis is a really nice amp, bought one a couple of weeks back. Very light weight wise, and as mentioned before very loud.. Very happy with it, nice design by Eden.
    Im looking to get an extension cab for mine at some point in the not to distant future..

10. alembic5

alembic5

Dec 5, 2004
    Seattle, Wa.
    I also own a nemesis 210 combo. Fantastic little amp, and lightweight to boot! Excellent build quality and really great tone. It recently became my backup amp when I picked up a Peavey BAM210 from a fellow TBer. The Peavey is the best sounding 210 combo I've played yet, but is considerably heavier. I play 5 string fretted and fretless.

11. thing that gets me....
    Nemsis 210 = $1300aus
    Peavey Bam210 = $4200aus

12. eots

eots

Dec 18, 2004
    Morris, IL.
    I have the Yamaha amp. Only 10 lbs. and sounds great thru the EA wizzy 112 cab's I got. I didn't get the Yamaha cab's cause there wasn't enough info with them and the wizzy's come highly regarded around these parts.

13. alembic5

alembic5

Dec 5, 2004
    Seattle, Wa.
    Wow... That is nuts! Heck, I paid $675 shipped for my BAM! They sell locally brand new for about $1100 or so.