NEO cabs inventory

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by JayAmel, Feb 9, 2005.

1. JayAmel

JayAmel Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2002
    Aurillac, France

I wish to get a pair of 1x12 NEO cabs, in 8 ohms, able to stand 300 W each and handle my B-string.
    I searched here and there and found EBS, Epifani and GK.
    Do you know of any others ?
    I wish them to stay below the 40 lbs limit...

Many thanks in advance !
  2. Moo

Moo Banned

Dec 14, 2002
    Oakland, CA
  3. jock

Jun 7, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
  4. PB+J

Mar 9, 2000
    arlington va
    They rarely get mentioned here but I have been VERY happy with the Genz-benz NEoX 2x12 cab use. it's well designed, easily transportable and sounds great. they make a 1x12 cab in the same series
  5. main_sale

Apr 26, 2004
    Cape Cod
    +1 for the Genz-Benz. I have their NeoX 212T and I've been extremely pleased with it. Tow of thier 112 should also be great. Don't overlook them.
  6. jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    why not a pair of Aguilar GS112's? they're 39 lbs. each, and tho they're not neo, very lightweight.

Accugroove's Tri112 is light, too at only 39 lbs. and yet due to the nicely placed rugged handles, a breeze to carry.

and of course, my current fav, Epifani 1x12UL's are my standard bearer. sweetened articulation that cuts like a mofo, and yet like carrying an empty briefcase. :cool:
  7. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    I am pretty sure Don at Low Down Sound could build one for you, His prices on Neos seem to be about 2/3rds the street price of the competition, and his build quality is excellent. check
  8. dont

Jul 25, 2004
    1+ for the Genz-Benz cabs---you will not beat them. I AB'ed them against cabs costing two and a half times as much as well as trying everything else available in my area; the G-B's are fantastic. I have two NeoX212T's; I hear the 112's are comparable in quality.
  9. Bellows

Feb 9, 2005
    I have two EBS NEO 112 cabs that I run from an EBS 650 amp. The cabs are very light , 11 kgs each. I can't believe that they are so easy to lift especially after using 4 x 10 and 1 x 15 cabs in the past. The NEOs sound terrific, crystal clear with lots of bottom end. I would strongly recommend them but they are expensive. I am thinking of adding a third cab to get the extra volume that I think that I need to compete with the rest of a very loud band.
  10. 7flat5

Nov 28, 2003
    Upstate NY
    Gotta Genz Benz 112. Ya gotta getta Genz Benz. (Spoken to a Meters groove)

Seriously, the NEOX112 has pretty nice lows. I would characterize it as hi-fi in the good sense, not in the negative sense. Clean, very clear lows and mids. No fuzzy emphasis on low mids like some "tube-sounding" gear has, and no glaring highs which are sometimes referred to negatively as "hi-fi sounding."
  11. remo

Jan 15, 2005
    have either of you tried the Live Series Genz Benz stuff?? I'm looking at replacing my Ampeg 410HLF with a GB 210 and 115 (live series)... any chop?
  12. lame(B)ass

Jun 18, 2004
    The Live series are the budget line IIRC. I would look in more expensive stuff. YMMV
  13. I own a pair of Epifani 1x12 UL. The weight is 30 lbs and they are 8 ohm each. I like them a lot and carry one in each hand when going to a gig :smug:
    I would also like to try the EBS 1x12 and Accugroove tri 1x12.
    The EBS weight less then the Epifani but 30 lbs is light for a cab.

I have cab covers for my Epifani cabs and that's great when I travel with train. It would be great if EBS would make covers for their cabs....
  14. R Briere

R Briere Bass-ically Yours

Another vote here for Genz Benz. The Neo 400 is one of the finest sounding combo amps that I've ever heard. As a matter of fact, I find it quite amazing that Genz-Benz isn't the hottest topic of conversation in the bass amp world. I have a hunch that they might get there. :)
  15. R Briere

Remo--Go for it,! You'll be doing yourself an enormous favor. I truly am stunned by what this company is doing. I hope that Jeff keeps away from the "Corporate" way of thinking and continues to concentrate on creating great bass amps. (I have a hunch that he will).
  16. I've got a live series 112. It's a good sounding cab. They are the budget line, but if you can find it for the right price I'd go for it. I've been thinking about an ls115 to go under my 112, I think it would sound pretty sweet, because it sounds good with the beat up old laney I've got under it now. Like anything else, try it before you buy it if you can. If you can't, find a good price so if it doesn't work for you you can sell it without losing too much.
  17. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    The EA Wizzy cab does not have a neodynium driver (yet!), but it certainly is an extremely light, and incredibly good sounding cab.
  18. R Briere

If I may, before you buy ANYTHING, check and see what the stores return policy is. You shouldn't have to lose anything if you buy something and it's not what you expected.

Having said that, in a different forum, I can vividly recall reading posts which stated that "they" had a good gig coming up so they'd head for "a store", buy good gear for the gig, and then return it afterwards. These guys would plan the entire charade out right there for the entire world to see. The main problem with being stupid is that "the store" also reads these posts and quite a few changed their policies as a result. :eyebrow:

I continue to advocate developing a good working relationship with a store near you or one where the same person is "your contact" for more than the two weeks that they're employed there. I often loan my own amps (not NEW store stock) out to clients and "regulars" that are serious about trying a piece in a live situation.