1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

neo or not ??

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by dnarock, Mar 15, 2009.

1. Im in search of a better setup . I got to try a markbass rig of 4x10 and 1x15 non ported cabs at GC. I dont know the modeles of the gear or what head it was but it was somthing 500 ? Im a diehard ampeg guy but I would like somthing a lil warmer . I dont push too much mids but I do miss them with a 2x15 solid state setup .
    so what is the tone dif between say if I was using ampeg svt3 paired with a ported mark neo 4x10 to a ampeg svt4x10 hlf ?
    I ask about an ampeg head because thats what I know how to use I needed help EQing the markbass but the tone was quite nice at the low volume in the store it was at .

2. bump

3. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Warmth is a subjective term. My interpertation of it would not include Markbass amps. Others would disagree. The 410hlf is, again to me, a very "woofy" sounding cab. Deep, low, and woofy. I would expect the Markbass cabs to be more modern, and tighter sounding. Any of that help?