1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Neoprene Bass straps

Discussion in 'Accessories [BG] - NEW!' started by saintx, May 5, 2019.

Tags:
  1. saintx

saintx

May 30, 2005
    Midwest
    Does anyone remember what manufacturer made the neoprene bass straps that the dudepit sold years ago? I "lost" mine a few months back at a gig and would like to get as close as I can to same the thing.

2. RustyAxe

RustyAxe

Jul 8, 2008
    Connecticut
    Neotech? That’s what I have on mine.

Texican, saintx and Yahboy like this.
  3. Yahboy

Yahboy

May 21, 2008
    Neotech mega strap .
    23.xx dollar on Musicians friend and Amazon.

Texican and saintx like this.
  4. saintx

saintx

May 30, 2005
    Midwest
    Thanks! I'll check them out.

5. Texican

Texican

Aug 9, 2018
    I use the neotech mega strap as well. I absolutely LOVE it, however, be careful with the length. They are unusually short

6. Skillet

Skillet Supporting Member

Nov 25, 2011
    Louisiana
  7. sissy kathy

sissy kathy Back to Bass-ics Gold Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2014
    Arbutus, MD
  8. saintx

saintx

May 30, 2005
    Midwest
    I received the neo-tech strap yesterday. It's not identical to the old one, but so far I like it. Many thanks for all replies.

Groove Doctor likes this.
  9. spike42

spike42 Supporting Member

Oct 21, 2007
    You were perhaps thinking of Brooklyn Gear straps - I have a couple of them that I bought from Steve
    via "the pit". Excellent straps; at the time I also had an early Comfort Strap but liked the Brooklyn so
    much better that I bought a spare.

My Brooklyns have been in regular use up till lately, when a plastic connector used to link the sections together simply failed (presumably due to age).....split in two right in the middle of a gig/song. Luckily I caught the bass in time so it didn't fall, and I also had my spare at the ready - I repaired with some black zip ties so the strap is once again useable, but I no longer trust it/them. Too bad, since the manufacturer is long gone. Best strap
    I ever used:

WJ 10-30-1.jpg