NeoX 212T or 2 Hartke HyDrive 1x12?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by sebbs, Sep 4, 2010.

1. sebbs

sebbs

Mar 19, 2007
    Singapore
    Hi guys, just wanted some opinions on this but I'll be getting a Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 and I'm still sitting on the fence on getting either the GB NeoX 212T cab or 2 Hartke Hydrive 1x12 cabs for it.

The idea of splitting cabs would be that I can bring only one cab out if I don't really need that much power/volume, like for practices and for bigger venues, I'd just bring the other cab along as well. However, I don't really have any idea on how either of the cabs would sound like with the Shuttle 6.0 at the moment. :(

Any opinions by you guys would be of great help!

2. smogg

smogg

Mar 27, 2007
    NPR, Florida
    I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell
    You could always get 2 NeoX 112t

3. lowfreq33

lowfreq33

Jan 27, 2010
    Nashville
    Endorsing Artist: Genz Benz Amplification
    The NeoX 112 and 212 both sound great with the Shuttle.

4. Nightlyraider

Nightlyraider

Sep 30, 2009
    Minneapolis
    I'd get the GB because that particular cab absolutely rocks, and there isn't much to gain in ease of portability between a stack of 1-12s and one of the smaller 212 available.

Also: The 212T and Shuttle6 were practically made for eachother, so they better sound good together.

5. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Yamaha, Ampeg, Line 6, EMG
    talk about a devil's choice! they're both great products put out by very conscientious and helpful folks. i can't say a bad word about either of them.

6. smogg

smogg

Mar 27, 2007
    NPR, Florida
    I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell
    Very good point JimmyM.

To the OP,
    get the amp & your bass then, if at all possible try them out with the different cabs. Trust your ears and have fun.

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 25, 2021