Nepali Instruments..

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by bernardmax1, Dec 30, 2004.

1. bernardmax1

bernardmax1 Banned

Dec 30, 2004
    Have you ever heard about following Nepali Instruments????

If you know any other Nepali Instruments pliz add here...

-------------------------------------------------------------------All guitar forum click here
  2. Don't know nuthin' 'bout all the other things, but I think the Sitar is Indian- India Indian, not Native American.
  3. Dhol
  4. Napal uses a lot of the same instruments as East India does -- for example the tabla, dhol, sitar, bansuri, dholak, nagara, and sarangi are also used in the music of India.
  5. maxy

Jun 24, 2004
    Hey, i am nepali.

All the instr. you mentioned are indian as well. Dont know the origin tho. Guess its indian tho.

In indian/nepali music you dont write music like notations. Its writing words just like do-re and timing well, i heard its just remembering with the feel.

Sarangi is the best tho. Extremely hard. you play with your knuckles and most of the time it imitates the vocals like vocals does do-re and its does do-re a little later or sth. Most senti instru. Hearing this you will forget the sax or the cello's mellow sound. Extremely emotional.

Others dont know much but tabla is very interesting. It fullfills that of a full set drum and imagine doing it by hitting two cylindrical thingys but diff sounds coz of ifdd hand poses. Its quite amazing.

Indian/Nepali instr. need more of a strict training and discipline than most western intr.
  6. Yeah, that whole music language thing was made back to aid the oral tradition of passing down music. It's called "bols", I believe.

Oh, and don't forget the Harmonium, Pakhawaj, Santoor, Sargam, Sarod, Shehnai, and Tanpura (gotta love the Tanpura).

If you thing the Sarangi is the most sensitive instrument, check out the Chinese Erhu. :)
  7. Chris A

Chris A Chemo sucks!

Feb 25, 2000
    Manchester NH
    Although this thread is very informative, it's not really suited to General Instruction, let's go to Misc...........

Chris A. :rolleyes: :bassist: