Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Nerd bass alert

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by xush, Jul 9, 2002.

1. xush

xush

Jul 4, 2001
    mobile AL
    by that, I mean that I covet it immensely...
    [​IMG]

Beats the Fernandez ones, no?

2. hey, that's actually not bad! people that don't like star wars wouldn't even notice it, and people that do would think it's really cool. win-win!

3. Jason Brown

Jason Brown Supporting Member

May 1, 2000
    SLC, UT
    "Rebel Bass". Very Clever.

4. DanGouge

DanGouge

May 25, 2000
    Canada!
    That is so cool. Maybe he could carpet his amp in wookie fur to complete the theme...:D

5. Dancehallclasher... I'm sure you'v heard this before But.. Is that a Caterpiller on your chin??? I 'v been wanting to ask you this for so long but didn't have the nerve to..until now.....Oh! Were you in that San Diego based band called The Dancehall Crashers?
    Star Wars Guitars Rule!

6. BASS_PLAYERS

BASS_PLAYERS

Mar 3, 2001
    Ada, Ok
    ....... you said wookie fur.......:p

7. pmkelly

pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
  8. lakerkobe

lakerkobe

Jun 17, 2002
    Portland, OR
    Hmm... Mike Mills won that huh? Looks like the bass player from one of my favorite bands, REM, will be playing a new bass.

9. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

I wonder if I could get a paint job like that on my Wishnevsky Banana Bass???

[​IMG]

10. cap

cap

Aug 8, 2001
    Hickam Hawaii
    *sniff sniff*

I smell Photoshop
    :p

but seriously...is that real? The top horn overlaps the neck...or am i just stupid?

11. rickbass

No Photoshop on my PC, cap.

As far as I know, it's real - (check out the site mentioned in the pic). I don't get it either........ but then, with Wishnevsky's instruments, that's a healthy sign.

12. xush

xush

Jul 4, 2001
    mobile AL
    Rickbass, I think they'd have to go with a Jabba the Hutt motif on that sucker...

13. VS

VS

Jun 6, 2002
    Mountain City, Tennessee
    Discounted Gear: Peavey
    That's what Jabba would use in Jazz band. -Luke

14. lazybassass

lazybassass

Jan 23, 2002
    Mass
    ha i wish i had enough time on my hands to build a star wars bass....or any bass for that matter.

cool bass!

15. rickbass

Well, let's give ourselves credit - At least we bassists didn't have the poor taste to create a market for the Dale Earnhardt guitar!!!

"Yessiree, bob, Winona Bob.....fetch me thet ther guitar and a 12-pack of muh sumbitchin' Pabst before I smack the crap outta ya in this hyar trailer so's we can be on thet there "Cops" show on the TeeVee! with awr 12 cats" :rolleyes:
    [​IMG]

16. hahahaha! i think a leslie speaker would be a better commemoration. it just goes around in circles over and over again.

17. Cool! I now know what bass I want for my solo turn in which I "shoot" the audience with my Boss Bass Synth laser effect. Maybe a laser pointer mounted in the headstock would complete that effect. Nice custom work....but I'd build a Warmouth with a reinforced or composite neck.

18. CaracasBass

CaracasBass

Jun 16, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    I´m not a nerd or geek or whatever... but that Millenium Falcon Bass looks really cool.......

yes I like Star Wars......:rolleyes:

19. [​IMG]

Apparantly we do...ick.

I fail to understand why anyone would put a sticker on such a lovely bass...

--jeff

20. rickbass

That's just one very sad Wal owner with a sticker, isn't it Jeff?...........(tell me it is!).

I can't imagine Wal making a production run of those like Gibson did or that a market exists for them.